Friday, December 11, 2009

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking

I have been mocked, yes mocked!, for things I find genuinely inspired. I find beauty in small things. But I suppose some definitions are in order here first. "Inspired" does not mean "good" any more than "unique" necessarily means "useful". And when I say "small things", I mean small of consequence and not necessarily small of size.

For instance, I am totally in awe of the lyrics in the song LUMP, by Presidents of the USA. I love all POUSA songs because they refer to worms and fuzzy spiders and dune buggys for toads and being old and naked and.... well, not your normal pop tune imagery. So I was hooked as soon as I heard the lines:
Lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove
Lump slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love
She spent her twenties between the sheets
Life limped along at subsonic speeds


I took the picture of the rubber minnows at the right while perusing the $1 store at the flea market. Still kicking myself now for not buying the fishmonger. I mean, it's bionic!

It's always one thing or another at my age. My friend's wife just left him. No animosity. Just a casual mention that she figured she might as well be moving along. Well, at least there's no drama. And he still has his job. My other friend still has his wife, but his job moved on. Yet another friend is traveling the world with his wife (on vacation from his job - so he's OK on both those accounts) because he figures his back could go out any day now and he wants to travel while he can because he thinks it'll be harder to travel when he can't. Which actually seems to make sense. I hope his back never goes out because he brings me Cuban cigars back. Note to Feds: Ummm...no, he doesn't. Just kidding. Heh heh heh.

So, there is a wise girl out there, who may or may not still drop by this blogstop along the slow lane on the information parkway. She's making now like what I was always accused of being before... the disappearing kind. And to be completely "jiggy wit' it", she may or may not be all that wise. That was a self-inflicted moniker, kinda like San Diego just up and proclaiming themselves "America's Finest City". Still, I was pondering on her and her tribulations and triumphs when the god of cold Nevada sunshine reached down and thumped me right betwixt the eyes. And then there appeared, glowing in bright Department of Transportation green, a sign. Literally. And I knew all was well. It was crystal and clear like... like... like something crystal and clear. If there were no joy to be had, then why would there be two lanes headed there? Yeah. There you have it.
(Yeah Waaaaah! You have to biggerize this to understand.)

Is Lump fast asleep or rocking out with the band?, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Red Queen said...

There is joy in Susanville- I promise. As for being wise-that will be disputed till the cows come home. Merry Christmas my friend.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you care about it Jack Off? Ramblin Ed the Jack Off

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I care very deeply about it. What are we talking about?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home