Thursday, February 10, 2005

Freethinker's Paradise

Love this site, Freethinker's Paradise, although most posters are way too smart for me to try to engage in debate. Well, usually. So I just watches. Follow the comment threads for a while. They'll just kill ya.

It can get a tad liberal, but hey, what is life if not looking at both sides of the issue and making your own decisions? I have never trusted, and never will trust, anybody who supposes to relieve me of the cumbersome need to think for myself and will try to spoon feed me my "correct" opinion. Includes, NPR, CBS News, Rush Limbaugh and any of Fox News' talking heads. And anybody who believes that it "is simple, really".

Dad calls me a "Flaming Libertarian". Guess that fits well enough. Been called worse. And correctly so.

Anyway, a sample of postings [with my commentary in red]:

if you live in the US profanity is a must. how else you ever could discribe the nasty mofos there. [This is the initial truth that caught my eye]

Posted by: mark February 1, 2005 09:45 PM
Right on, Mark! Your intelligence and thoughtfulness came through despite spelling and grammatical errors. [See, a little kindness goes a long way]

Posted by: Youdontsay February 2, 2005 12:04 PM
Most of you sound stupid. " Figure out who you are" [BOOM-YOW!! A warning shot right across the bow. Good going, dude]

Posted by: Mel February 1, 2005 08:47 PM
One further thought. Did anyone ever tell you that you sound just like Dubya himself? Even if you claim to be opposed to repealing the first amendment, one more Bushism from you and I will assume you are either one of his speechwriters or a child left behind. [This was stupid, except I really liked the "a child left behind" reference. HaHa. Short bus, too.]

Well, I gotta go. Friday...short day. Gotta catch the short bus home. Bwhaa-haa-haa.

Sneakin', out.
Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh Man Ed, you've been busy.Look at all of these posts. Now, speaking of NPR for a REALY cool NPR station check out www.wncw.org not your typical NPR station, some of the news and the ever so lovley BBC News but, some appealing music.
You'll hear some Eaglesmith sometimes.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Roger that, big guy. Will give it a gander. Good to have you back. Not sure I get a lot of repeat business.

I know you say AI stands for Appalachian Intellectual. But don't it raeally stand for Artificial Intelligence? Or is that just the Woodford Reserve bourbon talking?
Travelin' Ed

8:05 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You can say it stands for Articial Intellegence, but, no one has noticed...don't blow my cover man!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home