Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Been writin' up a storm

Those of you doing a drive-by blogging don't know this about me, but I like to write. I write poems but I always try to throw a chorus in because I have 2 really good friends who write songs...and they're really good lyricists in their own right and don't need me... who sometimes turn them into really good songs if I make it easy on them. There is really nothing quite so cool as listening to a stomping good song and knowing that you wrote the words. Like a junkie, or perhaps more like a hamster seeking alfalfa pellets as a reward, I try to make that whole lyric/song/euphoria thing happen as often as possible.

Been putting out nearly 2 poems a year for the past couple of years, but recently I've been writing up a storm. When on a roll I can be pretty prolific (and now my profile is prolific also. "Quick, Robin! Bring me larger Bat Pants."**) and am now doing about 3 poems a week. Some suck, but most will appear here since I suppose this is as good a place as any to put them. Just finished the following one about 10 minutes ago. Hope it be pleasing to you.

** To which Robin replied, "Holy Lard ass, fatman, I mean Batman, push away from the table occasionaly."

Jeez, out
Travelin' Ed

write you something

Yes, I did call you a liar
after I called for support
and you told me all the things I didn't ask
'Cause I did not wave my lantern
search the darkness for the truth
and anyway, I didn't want it quite so fast

If the pockets worn and empty
were someone's other than my own
And the wrong roads were a few more miles between
I would love to shrug my shoulders
point a finger now and then
and not always have 'em pointing back at me

Settle down and mellow easy
We'll get through this you know
Been down rough roads and easy
But we always seem to carry the load

I'd sure love to write you something
that you'd hear and know was yours
But I'd really want to know it made you blue
I believe that meloncholy, girl
Is when we both are at our best
yeah, I'm pretty sure I bring that out in you

Settle down. Take it easy
We'll get through this you know
Been down rough roads. Been down easy
But somehow we seem to carry the load

Bring yourself on over here
and pull up a piece of floor
We've been beating these hurt feelings half to death
There's a promise on the winds
that blow across Lake Ponchatrain
That I could not share with anybody else

Settle down. Take it easy
We've been through this before
Been down rough roads and easy
But we always seem to carry the load
Don't we always seem to carry the load

Ed
Yokosuka, Japan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home