Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mmmmm Mmmmm Good

I don't know why more of my friends don't cook. It's so easy. Well, there's hard stuff, too, but a lot of stuff is easy.

I get in there like a regular Dr. Frankenstien. "Hmmm.... well, I like cheese...and I like pepperoni...and chicken and sliced new potatoes. Yep, there you go, my new Chickaroni Chesatoes. With hot dogs." Look, I'm not feeding anyone else, so who cares? I just take a regular recipe and add everything else I like to it. And I, of course, leave out a lot of the unneccessary vegetables and other crap. I mean, c'mon. Meat is neat and veggies are.....um, not.

Now you wanna talk about simple and good, here's one for chicken I found on the internet a couple of months back. I use it a lot and always add a little something else like djon mustard, or bacon, or pepperoni (although that may be more of an acquired taste. I have built up a high tolerance for sausage of any kind. OK, potty mouth, except that) or just about anything else that sounds good. And I normally add a little of both black pepper and crushed cayenne pepper too, but I don't really suggest that to you.

I'm a nut for kitchen implements, too, but don't feel like listing a bunch of them. Let's just say I'd love to have a large, open kitchen with a huge island that includes a chopping block and range top and good French pans and utensils hanging from a suspended rack overhead. And one of those giant, stainless steel refrigerators. Yeah.

Feel free to donate towards making my dream come true. I cheerfully accept both cash and currency.

Effendi, out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ed,

An Ol' friend from school will be building his dream house this year. I was up to his place a couple of weeks ago and went with him to a specialty appliance store, where he got a kitchen quote for a fridge, range, dishwasher, disposal, warming oven and something else.... 25k. Pipedragger

10:54 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Whoa...holy cow. That's a lot! But then again, that was the bay area wasn't it. Might be a little cheaper in Florididdy. Plus, if it came right down to it, I don't mind having the wife get a job to help pay for it all.
T' E

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home