Friday, January 28, 2005

Bought a house...chickened out....still homeless

Been looking for houses. Finally found a great one 3450 sq feet. Big lot, yard, tri-level. All new appliances, new dual heat pumps. Private bass lake. I loved it. $249,000. I would put $56,000 down, $1450 monthly mortage. I offered $240,000 and I'd take it now. He wanted full price. I said meet me halfway, I'll give $245,000. He said OK, but only 10 days to get a loan, vice 30 and cut the time for inspection in half. I said, here's a counter-counter offer...I don't want to buy it anymore.

I'm a first time home buyer and a real babe in the woods about this. But one thing I do know. If you want me to buy it right now and don't want me to have time to compare financing offers, and ESPECIALLY if you want to rush me into not being able to get it professionally inspected, then there must be something you don't want me to see or know. I ain't gonna stick around to find out what it is. And I really don't intend to buy it to find out what it is.

I got a good education, though and will be more prepared next time I do this in about 6 months.

Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. This will continue to be an intermittent blog for the next couple of days and then I'll be back in Japan.

Homeless, out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home