Friday, January 21, 2005

Travelin' Ed: The man, the myth, the movement

OK, time has come to move a little. Been home 14 days. That meets the 2 week criteria.

I fly out today for San Diego, for some freakin' conference or another. I have achieved United Airlines 1K status, so I check in at the 1st class counter, use a different security line at the larger airports and get to use the lounges now. Plus, I get a little larger seats. See, I fly for the government, so I have to fy coach, but the 1K perks are decent enough. That is why, 1 month after achieving 1K status, the gov't renegotiated all the contracts and American Airlines won to be preferred carrier on all of my normal routes this year. I'm stuck in plain old economy. Damn!

4 Days in San Dog, and I am flying off to Brandon, FL for 3 days running around with a realtor looking for a suitable abode to buy. 3 whole days, so you know the search will be exhaustive.

Fly back to SD on the 30th and fly out...destination Tokyo...on the morning of the 31st. A litle dateline magic and a day vanishes right out from under me and I touch down at Narita International the evening of the 1st.

That's why my moniker is travelin' Ed. Don't think for much longer though. I think after moving back to Florididdy I will earn the new name of....Never gets off the block Ed. Word. Again I say, word, dog. (Yep, I'm all about the "street".)

If this blog becomes a litle intermittent it is because a) I'm spending a fair amount of time on planes and in airports and b) I'll be on dial-up for the next 11 days and this blog updates way slow on my cable modem and T1 lines. I can only imagine the trouble I'm gonna have at 48-56 kpbs. We'll see.

I'll see you on the flip flop.
Bees, pout.
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home