Thursday, January 20, 2005

Inconcievable as it may sound

I went to a transition assistance course to demilitarize myself in preparation for retiring and joining forces with The Home Depot. It was a good idea and we learned a lot. There was a lot of stuff we didn't know that we didn't even know we didn't know. Word.

One thing we did was a mock job interview. I was all spiffy in my suit and confident in my qualifications. We commenced.

When the interview was over I was asked by the facilitator how I thought I had done. I felt compelled to respond truthfully and said: "Well, I had a lot more words than I had things to say.".

That's right. I kept verbalizing and all, but never really said anything useful. Worst was that as I was saying nothing, quite verbosely saying nothing I might add, I knew I was just spinning my wheels. I could just never get it on track.

Lord help me when I have to interview for real. I'll be doing just fine. Then I'll open my mouth. I shudder.

This blog is like that mock interview. Lot of words that wander around and circle back but never get anywhere. At that I am a master.

Ferity, out.
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home