Friday, January 21, 2005

Why yes, it's another poem. Why?

I got the title to start and end with the same word. Cool, huh? It's like a palindrome sentence except it doesn't meet the actual criteria to be a palindrome. Therefore it is, but it really isnt. Screw 'em, I still fairly well continue to amaze myself...and I digress. The poem, gentle readers*.

Whispers

I found the words I thought I'd left with you
Undisturbed and lain beneath old dust.
But I just left them there and turned away
I'm not someone I think you should trust.

I held my finger up and in the wind
Let the sunlight warm me to my bones
I was always almost always there
When I wasn't always almost gone.

My old best friend he called on the phone
together we shared silence on the line.
I'll see him when I've got some time to kill
That's the way we do most all the time.

Woman, I once gave my soul to you
Foolishly the way I'm so inclined
Though we both knew I could not hold your heart
Still I held on blindly to the lie.

If there's calm before the storm I'm gonna soon be blown away
The rain and wind will turn these chains to rust
I blow through life on whispers and on howling hurricanes
I'm not someone I think you should trust.

I found the promise I had sent away to die with you
My mind a became a flood of memories.
But I just left it lay, you know I realized today
The ways it tried to bring me to my knees

I have no calm at all, a storm inside me blows away
The rain and pain I lean on like a crutch
I blow through life on whispers that insist on haunting me
I'm really not someone that you should trust

The whispers are like ghosts but ghosts no longer frighten me
Like when I close my eyes and and I see us
Wish I could ride away on wings of what we almost had
But I guess that's just asking way too much.

Ed
Room 738
Hotel Port Shine
Maizuru, Japan

* Gentle readers - HaHa I stole that from Miss Manners. She's got it going on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home