Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Things gettin' done

You've heard of the good ol' boys network. You know, a nod and a handshake. Not what you know but who you know and all that jazz. Well I never thought about it before, but I guess I'm in it. I mean, I know everybody everywhere. This is an actual e-mail I sent out to a friend of mine. It's concerning a GS job in Tampa:

Terry,

Good to see you and spend a few minutes the other day. Emancipation seems to suit you well.

How ‘bout coming off that resume info long enough for me to read it and/or make a copy. I think a little legwork on this end may be preferable to eating tangerines and living in a Buick when I return to FL. And I could go for some more government work, heh heh heh.

This is obviously my office e-mail. My phone is 243-8924 so if you cannot deliver I can pick up. Just let me know. I’m easy.

Sorry for the delay in doing this. I came in after Super Bowl Monday and the bastards were chomping at the bit to see some productivity out of me. Say what??!! Did I already call ‘em bastards?

Thanks.

FCCS (SW) William E "Ed" Abernathy
Center for Surface Combat Systems Detachment Yokosuka, Japan
243-8924 abernathywe@yoko.atrc.navy.mil
Life is painful, suffering is optional

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home