Thursday, February 10, 2005

Startling proof that I may be, ummm, confused

No more trusted site than cnn.com itself ran the Marcia Cross story. And it includes refrences to Barbara Walters. That's pretty heavy duty, so you gotta take it serious.

Myself, I was dumbstruck (not an easy feat, although I'm often stupid struck) at the news. But soon I realized that this just may shine a little light into some of the darker corners of my life. No one likes admitting that they're lesbian, but still....I mean it's CNN. And Bobwa Wawa* .


Here's a summary of the facts, as they were presented:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Marcia Cross is making it clear that while she's no desperate housewife, she's not gay, either.
The "Desperate Housewives" star said she wasn't a lesbian after "The View" co-host Barbara Walters questioned her Wednesday on rumors regarding her sexuality.
"I'm not," said Cross.
She wondered how the rumors had gotten started.
"Well, it was very odd," said Cross. "And I, I just assumed this is what comes of being 42 and single. I don't know if they just needed to find a reason why I wasn't married."


That could be me. There are so many similarities it's spooky. Well, except I'm not a red head. But maybe she isn't either, you know. That kinda stuff comes out of bottles sometimes. So you never know.

Trying to come to grips with my possible lesbianism I kept asking myself, "How could I miss all the signs?" Seeing poor Marcia was like looking in a mirror. She could be me and me could be she. Well, of course I'm not actually 42 anymore. Or female. Or single. (Although a few $$ to the right people and a single redheaded female is doable. Eewwwwww!) Anyway, I'm holed up at the house, eating chocolate and trying to sort out a few things about my life. Please don't stop by, okay? I'm not feeling very pretty right now.

* If you remember Gilda Radner's character on SNL. Old timer. Fossil.

Wonderin', out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home