Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hotel Land: Trials & Tribulations (The mini series)

No rant today. I found out they had ice, which was nice. Also found out there's free beers at the desk. Hmmm, another little perk, albiet a caloric one for a man on a strict ramen diet.

I found that by tucking the bath towel into the devil chair's seat cushion I could create enough "ass friction" to considerably slow the slide towards the floor. Not eliminate it, but make it more bearable. Only downside was the naked, dripping wet trek across the room to fetch my towel after I forgot it was there before I took my shower. I'll make that mistake probably once more and then I'll start remembering it. Yep, I know my learning curve pretty well.

AI & I (sounds like a phone company) continue our mutual admiration society. I think next time I head up where my family is in NC I'll try to slide on over and buy him a drink. One with one of them little umbrellas if I can.

Today we hold drills on the ship. That is where we start them to running a scenario with all of their radars, computers and such on-line. Then we walk through and "break" some things at random to force them to find and use the proper repair procedures. We grade them on recognizing, repairing and reporting the casualties. Yeah, I know... and they pay me for this.

Grinning, out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home