Thursday, March 17, 2005

A romantic and a duck walk into a bar...

As I have mentioned many times before, I am retiring from the navy. 26 years has been enough. Now here is something I hadn't realized until today. We arrive back in Tampa on the 26th of July. That's our 4th Anniversary. Kinda romantic, if you're into that sort of thing. You know; Starting a new life in a new house in a new place on our wedding anniversary. Awwww, it's the kind of crap greeting cards are made of.

My cell phone has a ring tone called "Donald Duck Humming". I use it, not because I particularly like it (it's rather annoying, really), but because I hear it when it rings. It does not blend in to the background noise. So even though I carry it around in my back pocket, I seldom miss calls anymore like I used to. So today, I'm standing in line for the ATM, near a fairly busy section of road. This was apparently one of those rare instances I was going to miss a call. I say was because, and I laughed so hard I spit when this happened, the teenager in line behind me tapped my shoulder and said, "Dude, your ass is quacking." Lord have mercy.

Peace, out.
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home