Sunday, March 27, 2005

Jest don't trust 'em

Some things are just to hinky to trust. And you know what I mean, too. Spam just kills me. I mean, really, who is stupid enough to buy stuff sight unseen from a guy they've never met? Someone who can't even spell the name of the product correctly because he doesn't want to be shut down. Yeah, there's a preferred merchant for you. One step ahead of the law. Want to buy a warranty with that?

New twist I've seen is adding the word "christian" into the schemes...Thanks GW. "Christianmoneylenders" and "Christianhomemorgtage". I don't buy it. And I certianly ain't entrusting my house to a spammer, (supposedly) Christian or not. Somehow, beady eyed little bugger comes to mind instead.

I was going to explain my feelings on the "HerbalErectus" guys, but you know, all this crap is pretty disingenious. C'mon, what thinking person doesn't already know this about that? This boring blog's just the by-product of too long in a Japanese cell....er, I mean hotel room with nothing happening to stimulate my brain. Yes, I said brain. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Got an interesting proposal from a friend who wants to start up a production company. It sounds pretty well thought out. Of course he also spends beaucoups time in 3rd world hotels and on oil rigs, so time for contemplation is not really in short supply for him. I just need to figure out if I can be consistently creative, or only when I'm bored. Promised him an answer by the end of the week.

Contemplating*, out
Travelin' Ed

* Don't have a dictionary to help me with my RaWo-matic(R) . The RaWo-matic(R) is a random word generator that works on the principle of opening a college dictionary and RAndomly using your index or middle finger to hover over, and thereby "select", a WOrd. it's devilishly ingenious, really. But the main component of the device sits unused on a bookshelf back in Yokosuka, rendering the remaining component useless for now. Sorry. It'll be back in use next week. I promise. T' E

1 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, seems from your last post that the weather in Japan is much like it is here in March. Don't let the cell get the best of you. and best of luck with the new job hunt. Do they put umbrella thingies in Rolling Rocks?

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home