Saturday, March 26, 2005

Last week in Maizuru

Well, this is the last week here. This past week we rolled in and the weekend was beautiful. Cool to the point of nearly being cold, but sunny and calm. Monday through Saturday brought us (pick 'em...mix and match 'em) rain, wind, snow, sun, thunder and lightning, ice, and fog. Today, Sunday, is fine. Sunny and bright, and I'm guessing mid-70s for a temp. I just had to go out for a walk.

Talked with the Lockheed-Martin guys again about being an instructor for their Foreign Military Sales (FMS) division. They asked again for my resume. We think I can work for them and still live in Florida, as long as I have access to an airport, which I do.Those guys get $300 a day in per diem over their salary. And it is EXACTLY what I am doing now. We're teaching shoulder to shoulder. And FMS is not just Japan. It is Spain, Korea, Japan, Australia, one of the Scandinavian countries, and possibly Taiwan. Not sure who else we plan on selling the stuff to. Anyhow, I can get hired today. That's not a problem. The sticking point is my refusal to relocate.

That is the only thing to write about today. We went out prowling the snacks and buy me drink bars last night. Not worth a whole lot to anybody today. We are underway on the Japanese ship 3 days next week. May or may not get around to blogging, but will try.

Holding my head and fading....out,
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home