Sunday, April 03, 2005

Pictures from Japan

First installment of photos from the last 3 months. Try to enjoy, OK? It's pretty tedius to post this many.

PIC#1 this was pretty disturbing. I ran across it while shopping in a ¥100 Store.

Go through this tunnel to go from Yokosuka to Zushi City. The favored mode of transportation in all of Asia. It's only a drinking problem if you can't find a beer.

Here are some pictures from the Honcho Area, right outside the gate. It's a pretty mild and wooly place. Looking down Honcho Street. Here's a real American icon. The Hello Housing Company, and see, they have a bad attitude. George-san is a real redneck. Have fun and enjoy...all drinks ¥500. Another fine American icon. CAUTION!!! Causes boys to drink and act foolish.

Now let's leave the Honch and head off towards my house. Drats...they caught me playing Dukes of Hazzard again. The reason that Japanese cars are so small is because the residential streets look like this. Here is a very common sight. A funeral home's hearse. While a lot are fashioned from Cadillacs, this one is not.

I left from this Shinkansen station to go down to Maizuru. This is one of the famed bullet trains. Sleek, huh? And here is my hotel room/jail cell in Maizuru where I wrote all those eloquent posts. The Urban Hotel where I used to always stay. And when I said they kept having weddings right under my window, well...judge for yourself. Was I lying? Heavy duty industrial equipment, Japanese style. Keep your eye on the building across the street. We'll be back to it.

Behind the hotel is this channel to Maizuru Bay. The giesha and samurai are advertising a resturant, but the Sambo playing mah jong is a mystery to me. Walking through the neighborhood towards Higashi-Maizuru Station. And I really do like the houses there. Looking across Maizuru Bay. Here I am watching downloaded episodes of The Simpsons. Now I am seriously working. It's taking two laptops to get this lesson ready. And see, I told you we'd be back to this building. Check out the second story floor. The yellow caution sign is rather amusing.

A nice view of the city of Maizuru. Here's Henry playing with the trains in Obama. And these are the trains. Hello...I'm almost as big as a train! Obama is mostly rural. A view from Route 235 through Obama. They wrap their palm trees in straw for the winter. This shows that they do the same thing with Buddha statues.

Some Navy pictures. Picture #1 Picture #2 Picture #3 Picture #4(This is us teaching).

The RAWO-Matic® is back!
Jacquerie, out
Travelin' Ed

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed,
Don't complain too much about that hotel room. Mine in Kumagaya, one that I typically stay for 2-4 weeks in, is about 15% smaller than yours!! Enjoyed all the pictures from Japan!

Pipedragger

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home