Thursday, May 26, 2005

No doubt you’re living in a dream. Let me tell you a story. - Karen


Quote of the Day:
But, like most actors in popular commercials, I became addicted to heroin. – The Cocoa Devil guy, Will&Grace

I’ve got a couple of girls really messing with my head. One of them I’ve known for 28 years (yeah, missy, count ‘em) and the other is a bit younger than that. They popped onto my blog and left me a trail of clues of who they were and that they were, like tiny, misshapen, yet ultimately benevolent extra terrestrials, making contact. Cool idea, except for one thing. I’m dense. Obtuse. Not the sharpest crayon in the box. And one of them is old enough and has known me long enough to know that. Of course, once they took their little clues and innuendos, delicately scribed them across a 2X4 and then whopped me upside the head with it…well then I was OK. I could see the clues. I understood the title of the blog (a nod to two of us, no?) I slapped my forehead (d'oh!) in recognition. But please, remember this: Silly rabbits. Tricks aren’t for squids.

I’m not usually into instrumental songs because I like words. Words are like quiet little friends who never need to borrow money. Although words won’t get you out of going to jail, either, as I found out in Waukegan, IL one night on my way back from Milwaukee. Stupid cop told me to shut up and get in the car. How rude.

But I quite like the song IN MEMORY OF ELIZABETH REED. That song is too cool. I’ve been listening to old Allman Bros. Band for the last couple of days. Those guys were brilliant. Wasted Words. Whipping Post. Blue Skies. Southbound. All just brilliant stuff. I love the blues lyrics, too:

Girl there just ain’t no way
I’m going out that front door.
‘Cause there’s a man out there.
Might be your man, I don’t know.


The seventies. Man, what a time to be from the southland. The Allmans. Skynyrd. Cowboy hats. Smokey and the Bandit. Hee Haw. Oohhhh yeah, Hee Haw. Well, that was pretty much a low point. (I searched the world over and I thought I’d found true love/ But you met another and thhhbbbtttt! You were gone). Only show I’ve ever hated worse was The Dukes of Hazzard. Boss Hogg and his insipid, inbred deputy just made me see red. What a terrible stereotype.

I was thinking this morning during what I will euphemistically refer to as a “near occurrence” that if these fine young Japanese ladies would wear their dresses with hemlines down a little closer to their knees, I wouldn’t nearly run down so many pedestrians. Yeah, sure fella, in theory you have the right of way……

Anybody watch the American Idol fianle? I did. It was eerie how natural Bo Bice looked fronting Lynyrd Skynyrd. And boy did he sound good.

Celeriac, out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home