Friday, July 01, 2005

A crafty old fart

Someone, quite possibly a refugee (how can you tell?), wrote me this as part of a larger explanation. And by explanation, I of course mean excuse.

Lo siento. Solemente necesito uno bass. Pero es posible que yo puedo tomar una foto del pez rojo?

I'm no Spanish buff, but I stared at it long and hard. After gazing at it with furrowed brow for about 2 good minutes, and 1 average minute, I could roughly translate it.

"Hello, old man. My soulmate must find one bass. Is it possible you can take a photograph of one in a red hat?"

Yeah, yeah. Tried to throw me a curve ball, didn't you? But I yam what I yam and I yam a crafty one.

Travelin' Eduardo

3 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

More or less translates. "Sorry. I only need/want a bass. But is it possible for me to take a pictures of the red fish?"

10:09 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AHA!! Aha, I say. I was vewy, vewy close.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes very close, very impressed. If we dropped you in the middle of honduras i think you just might survive.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home