Monday, July 04, 2005

Looks like somebody is in love with themself


Random TV quote:
"A great man once said, 'Know thyself', and that man's name was Tater Nuts." - Donna, That '70s Show.

I survived the 4 day weekend, despite a house full of Thai women for most of the time. No matter how loud you turn up the TV you can never copmpletely drown them out. But I tried. Since by and large the girls are remarkably pretty, I was reminded of another old joke. The one where you see a photo of an absoloutely gorgeous girl, bedroom eyes and a tight wet t-shirt and the caption reads: NO MATTER HOW HOT SHE IS YOU KNOW THAT SOMEWHERE, SOMEONE, IS GETTING REALLY TIRED OF HER CRAP.

The more I read FADING FORWARD (posted below somewhere, in orange) the more I like it. I'll tell you this, I am one of my biggest fans. And I'm not going to soft peddle that either. I like to go back and read my stuff. Only a few really suck, and when I get to them I kinda cringe and wonder what I was trying to do there. But the vast majority I really like. I have always wanted to do a tape or CD where I read them, one after another so people can hear what they sound like to me. I was told a long, long time ago to go to college and major in writing. And I was told by this same teacher to take a few of my writings and DON'T let them read them, but rather, read them to them. I have to agree. Most of my meter really flows and is very melodic. But I'm the only one that knows how to get there with them. Anyway, enough waxing poetic.

Made the final changes to all my banking yesterday and this morning. With any luck, next payday I'll get nothing. Here. Nothing here. It should all go into my Florida account, which will be a pain for me up here maybe. Unless I get my new debit card before then, then a lot of the pain will be mitigated. I also changed my automatic payments over to the Florida account and my credit card's online payment to debit that account. Actually, if the next paycheck does not go to Florida, I'm gonna bounce electronic checks all over the place. So cross your fingers. Well, go on, cross them.

My old friend's wandering daughter finally got off her ass and posted the bass...picture. Finally, all was right in my world. Even if the "bass" was more of a "snapper". But as they say, it's not whether or not the picture was perfect, it's the response to thinly veiled threats that counts.

I did not mean that my friend above is old. When I said old friend, I meant old as in "friend years" . We've been friends a few ticks over 25 years. And you know, that's like 72 in friend years. (Pheeewwww. I seen a butt kicking on the horizon there for a minute, and I wasn't on the giving end of it. * )

This'll get me started today. Might be more on it's way. I'm just getting warmed up.

87 & WU! Also, my last "Navy Haircut" will be had today. After this, they all come from the Cuban barbers at the bustling corner of King's Ave and SR 60.

Oh yeah, bet y'all are glad I didn't photograph and post my lunch again today, aren't you? How lazy is that ???

* Actually, I'm rarely on the giving end of a butt kicking. OK, never.

Wergild, out
Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

It is actually a Red Fish so you got a red fish not a red hat but what a beauty it was.

When time allows I will have to get looking for all of the Travelin Ed work that I possess. I have some of that very old stuff but I just realized that I better not "find" it till the daughter goes off to school as she pilfers things and then calls them hers.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Dang! And I hates pilferers.

I'm gonna find my Aeries, I have 3 and she says you have/she has one. I'll copy her off the other two and mail them to her postage due.

Ed

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Insert extremely large smile here-Jn

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home