Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Rodent fun

So what if everywhere you would normally use the word "verbal" you substituted "gerbil"?

"Did you get into Princeton?" "No, my gerbil skills were too low."

"Don't keep your emotions bottled up...gerbilize them."

"It takes me a while to open up to somebody. But after I feel comfortable with them, I can get pretty gerbil."

And, in a variation on a theme here,

"Your hair smells great. What did you use?" "The same as always. Clairol Gerbil Essence."

There you go, out
Travelin' Ed

5 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Reminds me of the game we used to play in the balcony at church- take out the hymnal and start flipping through the pages and include "in the bathtub" at the end of each song title. Examples:
Jesus Lives "in the Bathtub", Love Lifted Me " in the Bathtub", There's no Friend Like Jesus "in the bathtub"

7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This will be a skill I keep in my back pocket to keep it handy. Thanks-Jn

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I was thinking about something as I retired last night. I was gonna follow this up with a piece about ending your sentences with "for a gerbil". That's pretty much the same thing as "in the bathtub" though.

Wow....great minds really do think alike.

Ed

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So two friends stopped by at random and wouldn't yah know it I used poor little gerbils in the conversation more times than is probly healthy. You need to remember the young impressionable minds you speak to on this tool of yours. -Jn

10:20 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Don't blame me. You're the one with the unhealthy gerbil fixation.

And who you calling a tool?

How do you say gerbil in Spanish? A gerbil in a red hat. In French, I believe it is "jear-bell". Ze jear-bell un du noggin rouge. Roughly translated, of course.

Ed

Ed

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home