Thursday, August 18, 2005

Lions and tigers and job interviews...oh my!



I called Ms. Boatright (if that isn't a good omen, I don't know what is. Actually, I usually don't what a good omen is. But I try) at Banker's Life & Other Stuff and set up an interview for this morning, 1000 this very AM. I printed out a google map to the joint. I already asked about parking because I wouldn't want to get there then be late because I was circling the block playing parking lot vulture. I shaved last night in the shower cause it's a nice close shave and also because I feel we could all do more things naked. And I am trying to do my part. I have my suit laid out and, in a move that is 180 degrees out from most people, I took off most of my jewelry so I could look a bit more conservative...and in need of a job.

I've just got one little nagging suspicion now that I've been on the internet and researched the company some more. I think there's a possibility they will try to hire me as an insurance salesman of some flavor. My understanding I was going to be an instructor, but now I wonder if my "instruction" duties are really "presentations" are really "sales pitches". Guess we'll see. I'm going to go if for no other reason than to get my feet wet in the interview process. I have sat here 3 weeks now. Mr. Goodman, a good man, stopped by and offered to take me fishing, but no one so far has knocked on the door and offered me a job. Dang lazy job offerers, all of them!

I went to COSTCO yesterday. We always shop on days that end in Y, so I was obliged. Anyway, it was interesting to note that I could buy both tires and shrimp scampi there. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmm, don't it?

You can't rent a wood chipper/shredder in this town unless you want one of them giant mauling behemoths, which I do not. Dad says I should just buy one of the $1400 ones I saw on the internet and use it til a hurricane rolls through and then sell it for $1500. An interesting concept, for sure.

Now that I've been here a while, and ESPECIALLY after my Pascagoula household goods arrived, I can find both dumps by myself now. I don't know about you, but I'm patting myself on the back.

You can buy Victoria's Secret underwear on the internet, and I did. They got a lot of stuff and the catalog is easy enough on the eyes. But I wasn't buying for myself, of course. That'd just be silly.

Ok. Y'all cross a finger for me at this job search thing today. Well, cross two since I mentally imagine crossing one finger makes it not so much crossed as crooked.

Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Dittoes here, Ramblin' Ed and let's hope it's a job position you'll enjoy and thrive in.

Or at least pay enough to meet your basic needs.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

So I had a one finger crossed thing going and ouch is all I can say for that.I am hoping that the job of your dreams will show up soon. Are you sure that they dont need anymore whispering showoffs on the fishing channel cause you would be a shoe in for that one. I figure you would be much more at ease in fishing clothes then a suit. I will be thinking about ya today

7:40 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Oh Baby dont be cruel. I cant believe you are gonna make me wait till tomorrow to know how today went. Off with your head!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home