Monday, August 15, 2005

De van...de van!!! (That Tattoo, dude)


Today is the day my first load of furniture is supposed to arrive. Of course, I never got a call confirming it, but moving companies are one of the most trusted businesses on the American landscape, so I BELIEVE.

This load is motoring up from Gulfport, MS where it has sat in a warehouse since 1997. Ought to be good and ripe by now. Sad part is, other than a fridge, radio and couch I can't really remember what all I used to own.

I remember when they were packing up my home sweet hovel at 505 Orange Ave., Pascagoula, MS the three dudes got a bit too quiet to suit me. I walked to the back room and they were reading my magazines. I prodded them back into near immediate, sloth like action and made a mental notation to keep a better eye on them. Then didn't.

They got all quiet again about 20 minutes later and as soon as I snapped off that 3 burly trailer park residents who were supposedly moving my furniture around were not making any noise to speak of, I again went to the back of the house to investigate.

There they were, all 3 sitting on the floor, pawing through all the good stuff in my fishing tackle boxes. Again, I explained that the tackle box got boxed in it's entirety and not after all the Bass Hog lures had been removed.

Bottom line is all my stuff from Mississippi is coming today. Or most of my stuff. Or at least, one would hope, some of my stuff.

Ain't got much time for blogging this AM and I apologize nearly profusely. But I do want to give Murf a shout out. It's been a pleasure so far.

Postulating, out
Ramblin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home