Tuesday, August 09, 2005

And in this corner, weighing in at 220 lbs of flesh pounding visciousness,....


No, I'd never make it as a boxing announcer. I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.

In the annals of manly men, and if I didn't use that word correctly this post may be headed in a completely new direction, this dude has got to take the cake. He's a tough guy, plain and simple. The kinda guy who answers the question what do you tell a girl with two black eyes with, "Nothin'. You done told her twice." So when he announced to his wife that he was getting a tattoo he expected that it was a done deal. He didn't expect to get any lip for sure. And when she told him that he couldn't, he got pissed off. "Who do you think you are, woman, to tell me what I can't do?" Her reply, from deep down inside her 5'2" frame, was, "All I'm saying is you'd better not come home with a tattoo. You got that, tough guy?" OK, so click this link and tell me who won this argument, him or her. TOUGH GUY

Ever wonder what an enzyme's breath smells like? I mean, they eat some really nasty stuff for a living. Segue into, I was watching Fear Factor last night because I am nothing if not a fan of good television, and the middle stunt, you know the one where they crawl in bugs/reptiles or eat something like cow spine, was up. In this stunt they had to get mouthfuls of these big green tomato hornworms, chew them up, spit the juice in a beaker, and when they got worm juice enough in the beaker they had to drink it. I know, I know..a television classic. Can't you just see Lucille Ball...but I digress. So anyway this accidentally hot chick from Barbados was starting to whimper and declare her intention to not get anywhere near that stunt and you can keep you're $50,000. [For the record, for $50,000 I'd eat that worm's butt. You only got to eat a little. But that's just me.] That's cool, and can normally understand it. Except AHC's (accidentally hot chick) reason was stupid. She said, "I can't eat that. At home that's a pet." C'mon. Am I to believe that in the islands they're so hard up for companionship that they got worms for pets??

I think if I were ever given the chance to come back as an armadillo that I would pass. Don't sound like a great deal. Mosey around in the dark of night with your snout to the ground, waiting to get hit by a car. Thanks, but no thanks. I would consider coming back as a hornworm. Then I could be a hot chick's pet and live in the tropics.

OK, enough musing for now. I was on a roll, but the wife just woke up. So I suppose I need to go attend to her. Plus, I still ain't got the e-mail bug fixed. I have not had the time throw any serious skull sweat at it.

Buggin', out
Ramblin' Ed

6 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Hmmmm skull sweat- wonder if Fear Factor has thought about that one?

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh,

if what you call debugging an email problem 'skullsweat', than what exactly would you describe your brain doing while watching Fear Factor's asinine worm chewing contest?

Pipedragger

PS: Sorry could not resist.. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

I have noticed that Ramblin' Ed now lives in Brandon but Travelin Ed is stuck somewhere in Japan. When the two of you get together for a cigar and a few stories what a high time that will be.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

First to Red Queen. Ramblin' Ed is stuck in the house all day with someone who only wants to paint, pick out wallpaper and go shopping. By the time I get my post done in the A.M. and start on the maintenance of the admin portions of this here blog, well, someone wakes up. (At 0600 this morning I was painting a laundry room.) I know...WAH!!

To Pipedragger...Art in in the eye of the beholder. Fear Factor is therefore art. Although I will admit, some of those stunts have a Nickelodean air about them.

Ramblin' Ed

11:17 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

She don't do worms. Snails have more fun!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home