Sunday, August 07, 2005

Spiders on a stick


The title means little, other than I was thinking of street vendors and the many wonderous foods that come on a stick, or in the case of bamboo, come on a really large, tough sliver of the grass family. But that doesn't really have the ring to it that "on a stick" does.

For the first time in forever I'm headed out fishing. Going down to Gandy, which I assume is near or in St. Petersburg. Gonna stop at the 24 hr (WHY???) Wal-Mart and get a fishing license while we're at it. Apparently DRE has decided we will be fishing in mangroves from a kayak. A little involved for my first time back in the saddle in a while, but what the heck.

Been so long since I used an alarm clock that I remembered how to set it but plumb forgot the whole turning it on part. So, at 0315 it was ready to go off, just not commanded to. Still, I woke up unassisted at 0410 for a 0600 departure. So all is fine. Just not savoring the coffee as much as usual. Ramblin' Ed Tip For A Wittier You: When someone asks you what you want in your coffee, you should reply, "My lips."

Took my finances back over from my Dad. He had kept things rather orderly, using a file folder, software, or in most cases, both. I was happy to see the organization and level of detail he brought to the process. So far I have succeeded in strewing almost all of that orderliness across the dining room table and floor. It looks like hurricane Ed done touched down inside of my dining room. Well, it may be disorderly but at least I can be assured of losing something important.

OK, gotta go don my fish hunting duds.

By the way, the painting I picked out randomly is called "Sailor's Grave". I'm heading out in the mangroves in a kayak. Hope y'all don't look back on this later and go, "It's almost like he knew he was gonna flip that kayak and die a most undignified death. Flailing his arms and trying to scream underwater like that. I think the screaming just kinda hastened the inevitable. Poor bastard. Poor, dumb bastard."

Ramblin' Ed (Or, The artist formerly known as Travelin' Ed... or, the artist known by the symbol pm).

2 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed! Who's the girl in Painting No 59? Send her my way! She's a pretty thing. I wouldn't call you a "Bastard"...that would be mean. Hope you catch some fish.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI, she don't do Army. So sorry about that dude. Like they say, Sailors have more fun.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home