Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rub a dub dub 3 men in a...ZZZzzzzzzz


My wife gave me something the other day that was pretty nice. For a cheapie gift, that is. It was just a mirror for the shower so I could shave in there. And fellows (and I guess what girls this might apply to) the shaving is pretty good in there. It was an anti-fog model and also contained an AM/FM radio, a clock and a hidden weirdness.

That's right, I said weirdness. Of course, I also said hidden, which isn't exactly true since it is printed right on the front of the thing. Still, doesn't this seem a little strange for your shower? AM/FM Clock Radio with Alarm. An alarm?? Why? In case I fall asleep showering?

Yesterday I picked out the wallpaper (and borders) for four and a half rooms. I consider the foyer a half room since you cannot entertain there. I only have two words to say, but I mean them sincerely: Grasshopper snout. Naw, just kidding. The two sincerely felt words: Woman's work.

I've been meaning to relay this for a couple of days, but keep forgetting. We were coming back from fishing, leaving Tampa over the Causeway Bridge. We had wanted to stop at Seabreeze to pick up some shrimp* for our girls. Hard to do now, Seabreeze is closed and the property may soon be underwater. But, yo, what is that we see yonder? Why it's the Tampa Shrimp Docks. We steered my massive green, non-4WD** GMC pick up into the gate. Suprise!!

Seems the Shrimp Docks is not a place to buy seafood, but rather a place run by US Customs to do something. Something that they apparently don't want to share with you considering the speed and relative rudeness with which they set upon us and demanded we depart. Immediately, if not sooner. We put a check mark in the THINGS NOT TO DO AGAIN column.

Speaking of stupid crap, which I have been since the git go here. Me and my friend TAD always had a dream of greatness that that has up til now gone unfulfilled. And now, we know it always will. Because this is the kind of dream that gets you a slap on the wrist as a teenager in the '70s, but would likely get you arrested as a 45 year old man in the '00s. But back in the day...we were dreamers.

Oh yeah, I guess you'd like me to finish, huh? (Well then, PRETEND you would.) We wanted to climb the giant sign at the Tampa Fairgrounds off US 301, the one that says "FAIR" and hang our own sign. Our sign would probably be written on a bed sheet since we'd have to climb up pretty high and plywood would get a might heavy. Our sign would add the words "TO PARTLY CLOUDY". Yeah, like I said, we were dreamers.

Mowed the grass yesterday. Steering only broke once. As Martha Stewart once said to me, from the TV, "That's a good thing."

And speaking of TV, we watched back to to back episodes of "DOG: BOUNTY HUNTER" or something like that. His name was Dog and he was a bounty hunter in Honolulu. Aw man, it was cool. Kinda like COPS, but really more like Trailer Park COPS. I highly suggest you gather the family around the tube***, get some popcorn and diet beverages (Cool, refreshing beverages are preferred, but follow your conscience), and settle in for some Dog. You're in luck. It'll be on again tonight on A&E...Arts AND Entertainment.

OK, wife is still asleep, so I think I will try to do some maintenance on my blog profile afore the Red Queen comes down to smack me upside the head, possibly causing an aneurism, but definately causing some pain 'cause she ain't no dainty thang.

* I used to have a girlfriend named Barbie. When I bought shrimp for her I'd tell the salesperson I needed shrimp for me Barbie. While it amused me to do so, I think it was rather less amusing for them. Untrue story.

** I know, I know, Gunner. Half a man. But here in FL, most of the roads are paved. No offense, I'm just sayin'....

*** AI, you can substitute a dog and/or a cat if you wish. It'll all work out pretty much the same.



Seacrest, Out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

I think when they run that Dog bounty hunter show, A&E drops the "A" and is simply known as the E channel.

No 'fense taken re 4wd as to be truthful, my pickup is a 2wd Dodge Dakota. For 4-wheeling fun I do the manly thing - I whine and pout around the house until the wife let's me borrow her Chevy Blazer.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

RE: It looks you are now conjoined with yourself and all in one time zone. Congrats and all that stuff. I find that when parts of me go out to play and I sometimes lose myself I have a more difficult time catching up to myself. There is danger perhaps in letting my go off unattended.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home