Saturday, September 10, 2005

As the cat bats around the computer mouse


This is a little more difficult than usual as the cat, who usually (and remarkably) just sits at my feet and allows me to work has first found the cursor arrow on the screen and then secondly discovered that the mouse itself moves pretty good when batted about. Dang mouse batting cats.

Got in all my wall paper yesterday. Finally. Over $1800 worth. And $2100 in stripping and hanging fees. Whew, $4,000 to rectum-fy (rectum? dang near killed 'em.) the simple fact that another woman had picked out the wallpaper in there now. Like I said before, and will say again for the last time (probably) [This ends abruptly as I thought through the next comment* and realized I did not want to have it in print to haunt me later. Thank you for your patience.-ed]

Sometimes I just need somebody to tell me it's all gonna work out and everything is fine. Sometimes I'm a little scared. Well dressed, but scared.

Sat with TAD for a while yesterday and we talked and talked. He's studying music theory and has picked up the piano. Well, not so much picked it up as learned to play it. And we talked about the general state of world idiocy. And covered how Elton John and Bernie Taupin really nailed it for about 4 albums there back in the '70s. For examples we used TAKE ME TO THE PILOT, MADMAN ACROSS THE WATER, and ROTTEN PEACHES. He gave me about 4,000 songs on a couple of DVDs for me to explore. And we talked some more about the production studio we will open. It was cool. He let me drink coffee. From a Krups.
Anybody seen TLC's What Not to Wear? Weird show. Then they were advertising their lineup of shows and they have one I've never seen called Random Acts of Duff, which in the commercial anyway, involves taking business men and cross dressers and turning them loose in a thrift clothing store for some reason. The cross dressers were not discreet, for sure. And there is a show about a tattoo parlor in Miami. And What Not to Wear: Where Are They Now? Maybe I'm niave, but I expected a little more science, or education of some sort... National Geographic, even, from The Learning Channel. Not tabloid TV so much.
I was gonna post some John Hiatt lyrics here today. Yesterday I was listening to a lot of CDs because I was driving a lot. I really like the double CD greatest hits package that The Talking Heads put out. Great title too: Sand in the Vasaline. (Pshyco killer...kiss kissay....) But I also had in Hiatt's Slow Turning CD. It's good. And, and it may just be that I'm a bit biased here, that song Drive South is just killer. I usually back it up a couple of times. Just like I always do with Toby Kieth's Whos Your Daddy?. Anyway, to get tracking again, the Hiatt songs that sound so low and swampy and slither like a snake don't sound like that so much as stand alone lyrics. And he is too good a songwriter to do that to. So you get something of mine instead.
My Life So Far

The truth is clear as if you'd come and told me.

It's always there and never far from reach.
I want to be alone, but never to be lonely.
I don't suppose I'll ever scratch that itch.

I love you more today than when I met you.
Electric when we brush each other's skin.
A wild and tender lover under cover of the night.
It's under cover of the night we hide our sins.

How do I tell you that you are my only
You smile and then my heart begins to race
The sugar in my coffee, yes the reason to my rhyme
But I don't want to be here every day?

That's just the way I am, what can I tell you?
I'd hope you know how much you mean to me.
It doesn't make you any less my blessing
To know I'm going to need my time away.

A solitary man, I guess you'd call me
That's kind of got a nice romantic ring.
Or maybe you might want to call me lone wolf.
It doesn't matter, anything's OK.

I'm not a player, I won't be out creeping
Down the neon alleyways at night.
My love is unconditional and I don't play those games
Girl, I mean it when I pull you close and tight.

But baby, I can't change the way I'm made up.
The way that nature wired me up for sound.
I want to have and hold you baby, damn! I love you so
But now and then I don't want you around.
(Now and then my mind goes underground)

The truth is clear and I cannot escape it.
It stalks me like a real son-of-a-bitch.
I need to be alone, but I'm afraid of being lonely.
How am I ever going to scratch that itch?

If you can give me room, that's what I'm needing.
If you can love me when I'm far away.
If you can understand me when I stare off in the clouds.
Well then my heart is yours forever, come what may.

I really don't know why...
I live so far away
But my heart is true to you, despite it's ways.

Ed
Urban Hotel #601
Maizuru Japan

* Thought it through first? Who knew I had it in me?



Surprisingly delicious, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, I suppose it'd be a hard sell to claim that this wasn't pretty autobiographical.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big changes in life, like all unknowns, are scary. But, trust me, 6 months from now things will all be worked out, adjustments will be made, and home at 608 will be "yours". Sure, it will be costly, but you can't put a dollar amount on a happy wife. In the meantime I'll come hold your hand anytime you need me to cuz I love you lots. Mama X

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home