Monday, October 10, 2005

Though the hubcaps were exceedingly difficult to conceal, the cat would steal them anyway.


Hola peeps. What's happening?

Don't know what to do today. I have some pictures left. I had thought of listing some novel's opening lines. I may even have a remember when story left in me. Who knows where this may go.

First things first. I had a pile o' trash out front today and they took it all. Even though it took both guys to lift three of the boxes. Let's hear it for the trash guys. Huzzah huzzah.

What the heck does huzzah mean? I read it somewhere once, but it still looks alien to me.

True story, abbrieviated version:
So as I'm in a joint in Kentucky heading to the restroom and I hear this black fellow trying to schmooze this woman. "Yew know, ah ain't from around heah. Ah'm from Loo-vull." I stopped dead, turned around, and in complete confusion asked, "Then where the heck is this? What city is this?" Seems I had driven from Norfolk, Virginia to LEXINGTON, Kentucky. All I can figure is that a)every single DOT road sign was incorrect, or b) I was reading Lexington but processing it as Louisville. By the way, I don't know about Louisville, but Lexington is pretty boring.

Five new opening lines for that novel you keep meaning to write:

5. Though he was feirce and ferocious, though he had these visions of conquest and mayhem, at the end of the day Reginald was still just a mole cricket.

4. Stanley scratched his ear, straightened his dress, and stepped off the bus into hot Georgia afternoon.

3. "Patricia.... Patricia.....", he gasped as he lay dying on that lonely concrete sidewalk, "Patricia...please empty the top drawer of my dresser before my family comes to get... my... things."

2. It was only an old, tarnished quarter fallen from a passerby's pocket, but to him it was twenty five cents.

1. Addressing the nation as their newly elected leader, President Simpson was mortified when quite accidentially he uttered the first "D'oh" of his presidency.

Hopefully, my background check is complete today and I can start work. Hope so, anyway.

Oh yeah. How in the world do the Jets, with a 42 year old quarterback they called out of soccer-dad retirement, beat the Buccaneers? Hmmm? I ask you? There is this curse I bring to the table with the Bucs. No matter how good they are doing, and no matter how not good the opponent is, if I get a chance to actually sit down and watch a game they will lose it.

T-t-t-talking 'bout my generation, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit watching the Yucs (can't use the "f" word even tho sometimes it fits), they need all the help they can get! But did you see the Jax-Bengals game? WOW, now that was GOOD!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Lexington is boring? What about this attraction, or this one, and how about this museum, or if you've a sweet tooth surely you couldn't resist this delight (I don't know if I've ever used that word before, ever), and Lexington hasn't forgotten to do it for the children.

I could go on and on.... but gosh, R.....n' Ed, there's lots to do in Lexington... you sure you wasn't here?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Actually, now that I did some reading, that Hickory Smoked BBQ Capital of the World just might be the place to be rather than the other Lex'ton. :-)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Now you're talking. Mmmm... BBQ.

That other stuff, well, not my speed I guess.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home