Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What I have learned

Bolts: Just when I think it is tightend down about good enough, the head'll snap off.
Minor repairs: The words "that seems easy enough" always prove to be untrue and disaster ensues. The exception seems to be any job that can be accomplished using glue.
Maps: Maps do not have any symbol for "ungodly traffic" in the legend.
Check it out: No matter what I am doing, if I tell someone, "Check it out. I'm pretty good at this" a string of feeble miscues begins.
Life's pleasures: I really like food that tastes good. Perhaps North Carolina BBQ more than anything.

My good friend DRE wants to drive my truck up to NC one weekend. I said, "Shore. Just bring it back gassed up." He's one of my best friends and gets whatever he askes for, no questions asked.

So he tells me he wants to rent it. And I of course tell him, no way, Jose, you drive it for free. So he gets to where he'll either rent from me or rent from a company, which I think is foolish but is some kind of honor thing to him, and I reach out for a compromise.

"OK", I tell him, "here's the deal. The rental fee is that you bring me back some liver mush and Cheerwine. That's the fee." Well, he prattles on about it's gonna be $200 worth then and I give him my "so be it" look. I mean, really, you can't have too much of either in my opinion, so the threat is not a threat to me. Then he says he's also gonna throw in some NC BBQ in the deal.

See? See, why he's my best friend?

I like a lot of the shows on Court TV. How that happened I cannot even guess.

I think I want to buy new curtians. The only thing wrong with the ones I have is that they suck. But it's a hard flaw to overlook.

If I could be anybody I wanted to be for a day (not to include anybody that is already dead), I'd want to be that guy. The one on TV.

Grass gets dry and needs to be watered. Hopefully, that's not really news to any of my astute reader/peeps out there, and by the way, hola peeps to all y'all that applies to. I find it completely weird that Hillsborough County has a set of rules that cover an 8X11 sheet front and back on grass watering rules, with not one but TWO mandatory sections that are punishable by a large fine.

Ah but theres more. Order now and you get... no, actually there's not more. Merely more than yesterday, which was a really good day, thank you for asking. I like most of the days that end in "y" anyway, with my favorites always beginning with an "s". Notice how you say "an s" rather than "a s", and yet an s is a consonant? Weird, huh? Vanna, what do you have to say about it?

Sniffing wallpaper glue and posting, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ed...just clicking around from Murf's page, so I thought that instead of being an anonymous phantom reader, I'd actually say hello. Also, I have something to say about your "an s" vs. "a s" thing even though I'm not Vanna, but a lowly Scrabble nerd. You certainly don't say "sssssss" when pronouncing the letter "s" you say "ess" which is how you spell the letter "s" according to the dictionary...which I'm sure you either knew or didn't care enough to know anyway, so I might as well have just said hello and ended it at that, but I ramble too.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

It's still weird. At least I think so.

But I understand j, just like I understand that I go take a pee rather than an pee because the long e sound is behind, not in front of the p.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound so elementary schoolish. I just wanted to work "pee" into my response.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home