Monday, December 12, 2005

heh heh heh. I called myself a grumpy.

Well, this'll be quick. I spent a lot of time reading y'alls blogs and wasted most of my blogging time.

Real Headline in today's paper:
DESIGNERS ARE BRAINSTORMING IDEAS FOR THE MALL THAT INCLUDE MERGING WITH EAST POTOMAC PARK AND ADDING A NATIONAL MINIGOLF COURSE.
OK, is it just me, or does anyone else wonder what having a "national minigolf course" says about us?

Man, that Tom Jones is still the bomb. No, seriously. The dude's got it going on.

Now, I don't advocate breaking the law. Skirting the law is an entirely different matter.
---> CHECK THIS OUT <---

I'm trying to eat healthier. Today I put my Jif Extra Crunchy on a wheat cracker.

This is my "political" statement for the day:
The supreme court has argued whether recruiters ought to be barred from campuses. Well who is going to fight for the country? Sir William Francis Butler made the case: "The nation that draws a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man will have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."

And my "religion in politics" statement for the day:
"Does anyone want to tell the Democrats that only two of their presidential nominees in the last forty years have won the White House and that both of them - Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton - were publicly comfortable with their religious faiths and values?"

The village chieftan is my PawPaw, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Yes, I have to agree, I saw Tom Jones on TV a few months back and thought the man looked good for all those years and sounded good, as well.

The Beer Belly! That just reinforces how great this country is. Find a need and feel it. Capitalism and free enterprise at its best!

Good to see you eating healthy, Ed. You might go one further and sprinkle a little stone ground flaxseed meal on it the next time then you're into mega-healthy eating!

Good quote there from Sir Francis Bacon.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home