Saturday, December 24, 2005

Me, as a fairy princess


OK, well maybe not princess. And definately not fairy, although not, to borrow from Jerry Seinfeld, that there's nothing wrong with it.

I was wondering what magical powers I'd like to have. For the most part, super hero powers do not interest me. They come with too many moral obligations to be fun. Useful, yes, but maybe not so fun. Now magic on the other hand. Yeah, magic, that's the ticket.

5. I read this in a story once. When a guy went to buy something, he just put his hand in his pocket and he pulled back out the exact amount needed. That would be nice.

4. I would like to be able to see what people were thinking. I'd mostly use it for two fairly benign reasons. I do believe this could be great. On the other hand, it remains to be seen if my fragile ego could handle what people really are thinking about me. On the other, other hand, I'd know how many other people use the term "goober" in their thoughts.

3. I would like to be able to go back in time. I think this would be especially useful in a poker tournament.

2. I would like to be able to grant wishes to people. I think that would be a nice way to show people a little kindness. Example:
Joe: Dang, I wish this beer was colder
Ed: Shazzaam... There you go, buddy
Joe: Wow, thanks! It's so icy.

1. I wish I could make ill advised things I've said disappear. You know, basically a REWIND & DELETE function for the mouth. If it worked out, I could probably also go for an ill advised things I've done button, too. Although I'm not sure. Ill advised things I've said have generally had negative consequences. But a lot of the ill advised things I've done, while they sucked in the moment, later turned into some pretty good stories and songs. So I might wanna give it some thought.

Also making an appearance on my Weird-O-Meter this morning was my dream from last night. I was driving home from somewhere with my wife and brother. I was driving and talking and somehow mistook a mud path up the side of a mountian for the interstate highway. Getting to the top of this path I realized that I could neither continue on nor could I go back. The path was too small and narrow ahead and too steep and muddy behind. I was stuck, so I schlepped back to my truck, which was somehow parked in a garage in a neighborhood of the town at the bottom of the hill that we had just been passing through as travellers, to get a rope from behind the seat. When I get there I slap my forhead in dismay as I realize that I did not bring my truck with me. For some reason I had driven my Brink's Armored Car today.

I mean... what the heck kind of dream is that !?!

Merry Christmas, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That's some dream Ed. 4 Wheeling in a Brinks Truck. 8 Letters! This is an outrage! oh wait...That's 7.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to You and Yours!

I'll be thinking of my wish for you to grant.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

OK, Janie. But make it easy. I'm still getting the hang of things.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hmmmm, this sounds like a case for Professionals.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home