Wednesday, December 28, 2005

You know, in the windows defense, he WAS framed

I got a bunch of gourmet coffee for Christmas. I'm pretty wired right now. See?

Had a friend over last night and us and the wives watched that Will Smith & Gene Hackman flick ENEMY OF THE STATE. It's still a great movie. We turned it up loud. Then, about halfway through, I paused the movie for an intermission just like in the old days. I offered popcorn at first, but we ended up with ice cream and Dreamsicles. As an aside, there is an amazing dearth of photos of a Dreamsicle on google, so hopefully you already know what one is. If not, just imagine heaven as orange sherbert and then imagine it on a stick.

Still waiting for some comments for the improv post I mentioned yesterday. If I don't get any, I will be forced to log on anonymously and, as they say, tickle myself. While I have a few instances of tickling myself in my past, and I suppose it is not an altogether unpleasant experience, being interactive and improvosational really requires outside stimulus to work correctly. So if you don't want "A ferret, a far sighted Frenchman, and Grandma's wig" on your conscience, you'll get cracking. Don't test me... I will pull the trigger on the ferret story.

I am changing the date stamp on my Christmas post to appear immediately following this post. I never quite got it where I wanted it. The verses, while snapping and popping perfectly when I wrote them, don't have the world's best meter and flow upon subsequent re-readings. That verily sucks, but it happens. However, say halleluja brother, because the two part chorus I came up with really has it going on. As has happened in the past, I may jettison all of the verses, write a new story incorporating the meter and rhyme scheme of the chorus, and make them into the new verses and end up with a song with verses but no chorus. And, in effect, a new story. Yeah, I know. No one really needs this much of the mechanics of writing lyrics.

I will try to get my truck back on the road today and tomorrow. They say it's easier to take something apart than it is to get it back together. Gosh, I hope that ain't right. It was a real mother bear to get this thing removed. I'd hate to imagine it will be worse putting it back. Luckily I go in armed with little patience, questionable motor skills, and no idea of what I am doing. More like Moron Garage than Monster Garage. Cross your fingers or something. This could get ugly.

I have come to the conclusion that my dream job, Babe Magnet, is not going to ever happen. It's a shame. I think I would have rather enjoyed that.

Speaking of babe magnetism, you will find this to be a different subject altogether. I was feeding the fish for the folks while they were in West Palm visiting sis and her brood. Got a little confused about the vegetable wafers for the bottom feeder, as the container was placed in a "utilize this, too" position and yet had no handwritten note with detailed usage instructions. In effect, they cancelled each other out, and for some reason I found it most perplexing. I used to wonder about things like if I had the clutter reduced enough and the sensitivity dialed in high enough to capture a North Korean missile launch in time to attempt an interception. Now I wonder about if I'm supposed to feed that ugly little sucker of a bottom feeding scavenger fish or not. My, my. How things do change.

That's it. I'm wandering mightily this morning. I'll put an end to your suffering, bec.... Hey. What do you mean you quit reading during the fourth paragraph? Well, I never!

30% post consumer electrons, out
Rmblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I remember the lucious dreamcycle well, it's cool! Howsomeever, it looks better on the stick than it does hanging over your belt buckle. Remember what your mother told you: Everything in moderation. Make her proud.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

What is this thing you say, "moderation"?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home