Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dead...counter dead


Looks like the ol' Robo counter is dead. I kept thinking it'd return to full glory, but as far as I can tell it ain't gonna. I plan to just leave it there for a while. Like a front yard junk car for the blog.

The computer is fully functional, brandly newly armor-plated against ne'er-do-wells. At least for now. I have like 8 different malware finders, preventers and killers. I don't even have one office product, unless you count notepad. I also have added a lot of the gizmos I like at my fingertips. Of course, as anybody who wipes and re-installs operating systems regularly knows, I'll be tweaking and fine tuning for a couple of more weeks. Good thing I'm such a geek, I suppose.

I didn't think to save anything in Thunderbird before I slicked it. That's the downside to only spending 20 or 30 seconds deciding whether or not to reinstall. Tend to not give real in depth consideration to things in the nooks and crannies. So anyway, any addresses or correspondence going to or coming from the Ramblin' Ed at Earthlink account is in e-mail heaven now. Say a few words and we'll move on.

I planted a mango tree today. If you like mangos, stop on by. I have a mango tree. I have a juicer. I have an idea. I have a question. Can you juice mangos? I've had mango juice, but it might have been formed in a blender. I'm forty five years old (for another twenty something days, anyway), why don't I know these things already??

Have a job interview (actually a phone interview) in 10 minutes. I'll leave it at that as we've all been on my job hunting roller coaster before. I also got accepted to AIU today. I am 43 credits into my Associates and am enrolling in a program to get a Masters in Business management. Either Health Care, because of the obvious reasons of we got tons and tons of rich senior citizens here, or in Project Management because I already have 20+ years experience in that area. Of course, it all hinges pretty much on if I can pay for it. Should know that in a few days.

Later Daze, out
Ramblin' Ed

6 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! You can juice mangoes!!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I knew you'd know. Thanks for not making me coax it out of you. I hate having to talk nice for a long time.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Would you believe I just installed a Toshiba hard drive in Mrs AGT's laptop (computer) today. Ordered it 3 weeks ago, got what I thought was the wrong one, complained about it, they sent another ond, got it today, another wrong one again! the male socket prongs are wrong! These are vertical, the old ones are horizontal...

"Oops, what's this? (as he looks closer at the old hard drive)... Is this here plastic thingy on the old one maybe a socket adapter of some sort that you're supposed to take off and slip on to the new one?"

Doh! It is....


Oh well, live and learn... all is well after 5 hours of Windows and Dell driver updates.

Computing is such fun.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I feel your pain, Gunner.

Interestingly enough, it's well known that the Japanese Male Socket Prongs are rather diminitive. What is lesser well known is that it was used against them in psychological warfare during WWII.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Oh, Gunner, I almost forgot. Toshiba laptops use Hitachi Roadstar HDDs. You buy Toshiba for your Dell and I buy Hitachi for my Toshiba. Who says it ain't a global economy?

5:04 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, guess what, Computn'/Rambln' Ed... the first HD they sent me WAS a Hitachi! I think there's actually one on humonguous, gigantious, tyrannasaureous hidden corporation headquartered in the Bahamas that makes ALL computer parts and just randomly slaps different labels on 'em to make us think it's a competitive business. Ha! I know better...

Oops! Gotta get off of here... those black helicopters are buzzing the house again... Curse you, Karl Rove!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home