Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yawner-san the 16th & The wayback machine

I got the job with L3. I start on the 16th. I got my asking salary. Whoo-hoo!! I can gas up the car again without looking for empty coke bottles first. Hmmmm. Wait. Something tells me that they don't do that anymore, huh? But I got a drift and you get it. So, again I say, Whoo-hoo!

William Shatner isvery sleazy and gigantagiously funny as Deny Crane on Boston Legal. Telling that midget that looked like Demi Moore to "undress so I can see that tight little package". He's a hoot. Over the top like all get out. I couldn't stop grinning. David Kelly rocks.

In case you're wondering, the Japanese original Gojilla (or something like that, but who cares since we say Godzilla anyway) is available on Netflix. It is supposedly an indictment on nuclear war and politics, although my experience with the Japanese was that they couldn't pull something nuanced like that off. They, when dealing with westerners, were either very direct to the point of bluntness or so indirect that we wouldn't pick up on it at all. I'm sure in their own, all Japanese all the time circles, they had pretty much the equivilent of psychobabble chick (Loony-san), boring guy (Yawner-san), mama's boy (Flaccid-san) and the exaggarater (Pocking Liar-san). Still, with all that said, we are finished with the topic. Next item, please.

91X in San Diego Quad 102 1/2 in Tampa The Loop in Chicago

The sun shone on the cat tails that made up the hedge area between buildings. They swayed slightly in the breeze. Gently. Slightly gently, I suppose. And I found it quite perplexing. Cat tails? Hedge? How could it be? I am not exactly a juggernaut of botanical information although I do know which end of a plant to stick in the ground and that the banana cob is edible. But to me it seems that cat tails were a water loving plant, growing in ditches and pond banks, in marshes and, ahem, wetlands. This place is not a wetland. All of the surrounding area is. Well, wetland and live oak trees. But it looks to me like the developing man who built this place found the only dry area in the swamp and filled it with asphalt and steel. You know, because we have laws here in Florida that prevent you from draining and developing wetlands or enviornmentally sensitive places. But just, you know, thank God none of them are here around our beaches and rivers and lakes where people like to put their condos. 'Cause that'd suck.

Battlestar Dogmatica.
Islamofashionists.
Freedom Fries. (5 years later and that's still stupid!)

How come people only remember they were abused as children when they are either under indictment or there's a big lawsuit on? If I went to church and somebody put their hands (or worse) in my knickers, you can bet I'd be down at the police station about 5 minutes later, remembering that shit while their fingerprints were still on my waistband. Otherwise, I just don't buy the "repressed trauma" of it all. Sure, color me unsympathetic.

What were some of my favorite shows as a youngin, you ask? OK, actually I ask it. Humor me. It's a segue thing.

(IN CHRON-ILLOGICAL ORDER)
The Little People
Batman
Little Rascals
Brady Bunch & Partridge Family
Red Skelton / Laugh-In / Smothers Bros.
My Three Sons
F-Troop
Mr. Peabody (and his boy, Sherman)

The Gong Show
The Rat Patrol
Green Acres
Don Kirshner's Rock Concert / In Concert
Art LinkletterKids say the darndest crap)
The Jetsons
Roller Derby
All in The Family
Dan'l Boone (and his trusty Indian sidekick, Ed Ames)
Flip Wilson
Six Million Dollar Man
Johnny Cash Show / Mac Davis Show / Sonny & Cher Show
Graham Kerr The Galloping Gormet
Johnny Quest
Carol Burnette (AKA Carol Bur-bur-nay)
Speed Racer
The Banana Splits

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
Lost in Space (That..does..not..compute.)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Death Race 2000 (OK, so it was a movie)
The Munsters
Dark Shadows
As ye can see. I liked comedy, which is why my business-like persona is so surprising. I guess in a world full of laughter where funny things matter, I became the anti-laughter. I became anti-matter. Movie quote from somewhere: It's just mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter. (Oh wait, wasn't that one of those juvenile delinquent Marines addressing Gunny Highway in Hamburger Hill? I do believe it was. The semi-famous black guy said it. Mario Van Peebles, or something like that.)

My two main men are Jesus and old John Birch.
So tonight I'm headed out to the gun sale at the church. Out.
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still take time occasionally to catch a Green Acres episode.

I would give anything to have a Hoyt-Clagwell just like Oliver's.

I can never get enough of this website.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have the biggest box of crayola that they make and ther eis NO unsympathetic...I think you are making stuff up now. -Jn

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I do NOT make things up. I embellish.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home