Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wallpaper videos

OK Go - Do What You Want (Wallpaper Version) from OK Go on Vimeo.

The road will be my home. The soft murmur of the airport security screeners will be my lullabye, gently probing and frisking my shoeless, beltless body to sleep. A hotel wil be my, well, hotel. Next week I'll be in cajun country, Lafayette, LA. Then in February I will go to Boston and then Pensacola. For starters. Business has been NUTS! We got a list of 17 trips, from Honolulu to Baltimore. And that's just for one training class. We have 3 more.

So, last things first. I finally got out of Toronto last week. I got on my plane which was delayed 20 minutes and then emptied. Yep. We didn't take off. They sent us to another plane at a different gate. The new gate was outside of the second security checkpoint that we, the poor U.S. bound international travelers had been required to endure, but on the other side of a different second checkpoint. I have taken to calling the second second checkpoint simply "the third" checkpoint.Yee Haw.

So, after waiting an hour and some change at our new gate, the announcement was made that our second plane was also, as they put it, unserviceable. Now dangit, things like, "hey, d'ya think this thing will get airborne?", are the kinds of things I expect to be taken care of BEFORE you pull it up to the gate. That announcement forced a second refugee movement, shuffling on over to a third plane/gate with our belonging in baskets atop our heads and our livestock, mostly goats, tagging along near our feet. Happy travels, eh. I got home to my Saints game, joined already in progress.

I turn 50 the day after tomorrow. I am not near as grizzled and time worn as I had expected. But the creakiness and achiness is about as advertised.But let me tell you, it's just not all bad. I figure, I get a lot more day out of the day now. You get the time you were always up, doing important crap like blogging, watching AFV, and nuke-rowaving hot dogs and buns. But you also get that peaceful and quiet extra 30 or so minutes every night as you gently pad from your soft, toasty bed over to the pee pot and back. Repeatedly. I know, right. That is so middle aged white guy that I expect to find myself next with me and my still amazingly hot wife sitting in seperate bathtubs in the woods, holding hands, and glancing at each other knowingly that..... when the time is right, I'll be ready. (You know, as long as it don't make me bleed blood, spaz out, wet myself, or call up my doctor screaming, "Oh my god, Doc, it's been OVER 4 HOURS!!)

Man, I heard a great joke yesterday.

We're expecting some storminess tonight. Blowing in off of the gulf, which is where the coolest storms blow in off. Of. Blow in off of. Off'n. . . . . whatever. Since the "OMG I can see my breath!" cold snap* things have around here been dry and brown. But we should get some good rain tonight. I think when I wake up things will have changed and we will find the Tampa Bay area wet and brown. Yep.

*Kinda weird to get to Canada, in January, and have the temp be more or less what I had in Tampa. Sucked worse, I would think, for the Ontario snowbirds who left the cold to spend a week or two down south, basking in the cold, eh.

Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all, out
Ramblin' Ed

I didn't know how babies were made until I was pregnant with my fourth child.
Loretta Lynn

Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have.
Ernest Haskins

When the candles are out all women are fair.
Plutarch (46 AD - 120 AD)

4 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK GO has some of the best music videos. Really.

I may or may not be in Boston in February and seeing as how you may or may not have any free time we've got about an average chance of crossing paths by my reckoning.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I came here looking for a pig picking and a live band and all I got was some words of wisdom.
If you're going to Boston, watch out for Peter Choi. If you see him, just say Turkey Buzzards, he will know that your a friend of mine.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed, I so enjoy reading your blog....Thanks! -Laura

6:22 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Dang, Laura. Didn't know that you were still around.

Glad you like my, um, musings.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home