Sunday, December 12, 2004

Yep....more rhyming words

Yep ............. 21 Nov 01

Found myself too nervous on the edge of the night
as the yellow moon was trying to laugh
Holding up two fingers as a sign that he tried
but it was something that he couldn't get past
'Nawlins was a mem'ry that the two of us shared
on the streets that seen the worst of my days
I was trying to surprise you like the ghost of the time
that I fell to my knees and I prayed

Slippery like the words you used to tell me goodbye
down in the Quarter on a seven day drunk
Wasn't even sure what you were trying to say
except your smile that let me think what I thunk
I was chasing after baubles I had colored as love
a love that was shiny and cheap
to wear it like a coat to keep the chill off the night
good idea except it never fit me.

Letterman, not Leno, if you gotta choose sides
But Baby, why can't we just get along
Play me like the music that drifts over the clubs
slow swampy and so easily stoned
Maybe for a moment there was something we shared
more likely just another thing lost
I puckered up and stood there for the kiss of my life
never thinking you would just kiss me off

Ed
Yokosuka, JA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home