Saturday, July 23, 2005

PTI, y'all


This may or may not be the last blog for a while. I disconnect everything tomorrow and I don't know if there is any decent internet in the Navy Lodge where I will be staying tomorrow night, but I don't do the whole "buy a card and huddle over a public machine in a corner of the lobby" internet experience. Tuesday I fly home, but road trip the next day up to Jacksonville, FL. I think it's about then, in Jax, that I'll get something posted again. (Unless the wife travels with me as she's threatened to do. Then it could be a week before you see another post.)


Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the squirrel that it could be done. Ok, that's really funny if you've ever lived in Illinois. Even against your will.

We are basically camping out in our empty apartment. For fun I told Nong it was like we were squatters. I eventually pulled out the English-Thai dictonary to give me a hand explaining that. It could have been faster if I'd just said yes when she said, "Homeless people?" But no. Me and my infinite non-wisdom had to answer, "Well....they're not really homeless now exactly. But they don't own the place and could be put out at anytime." While that is technically the correct definition, I think it was probably the wrong answer.

Man oh man, we ate us some Thai food last night with G-12. [Correction: Yumi is actually named Yuki, which I discovered when she finally asked me why I kept calling her Yumi. Dang, something like that gets kinda awkward on you kinda fast.] Our normal resturant was booked solid, so we headed int Yoko to the Swasdee. It's cheaper anyway, so we ordered a couple of appetizers and, if I can recall correctly, 7 entrees. The food just kept on coming and we just kept on yakking. So far, it's been 2 good farewell evenings.

The picture is Alice Baker, taken the other night as we sat at Starbucks. She's a sweetie. She did her kindergarten dance for us. In fact, I'll post a pic of that below.

Ta-ta, Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home