Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Travelin' Ed purchases electronic equipment, Vol. 2

Now the manager really knew his gizmos. And he was considerably less skeevy. All I could do was to sit there mesmerized as he demonstrated feature after feature Toshiba had added for this model.

At one point he paused and said, "My stars, but you look dashing in a goatee! Simply dashing." I had to admit, he was quite observant, because I DO look debonaire and cosmopolitan.

I was almost sold, but needed that little something extra to get me over the top. "You can hang mistletoe on it", he explained. I told him that had already crossed my mind. Then I wondered what had crossed his mind. Then I wondered what had crossed my mind to make me wonder what had crossed his mind. Oh crap.

"OK, sales dude, what's your closer. What makes me walk out with this today?"

"I'm not sales dude. I'm sales dude's manager."

"Just get to talking and quit yer yapping."

4 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Goatee? So, that's why you enjoyed the goat information that I made on my blog recently.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

No, I actually like both goats AND goatees. I know, weird, isn't it? It's like I'm mentally ambidexterous or something.


Oh yeah? Then YOU spell ambidexterous correctly.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is a goatee? . . . Every guy I have ever asked (verbally) has to touch/stroke his chin to describe it. The ladies not so much but still a surprising number. My roommate figured this out I think in choir practice. This is what college is for. -Jn

1:14 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

It's a chin beard, you know, like the devil has.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home