Monday, July 18, 2005

I was close

I said they'd likely not pick up the car like they promised, even though they'd promised. And they didn't. Around here, if you plan on being disappointed you won't be.

I said I was 75% sure they'd finish packing up my house in one day. Close, but no cigar. They got 75% finished in one day. Had to scramble to change the loaner furniture.

I had a good friend move in 2 floors up this weekend. He loaned me a nice big TV to use after they'd packed mine up. He just moved on base after living on the economy a few years. Well, the TV needed an autoprogram run on it as it was not getting all of the channels. I discovered the remote, and all on-screen prompts were in Kanji. Dang. So I did the only thing I could do.

Imagine walking 2 blocks to the 7-11 and asking the clerk what button on your remote was the MENU button. That was basically what I had to do. I walked down to the mini-mart on base and asked Tomoe to translate my remote. I also had her write the Kanji for AUTOPROGRAM in case I got that far. I didn't. Tomorrow's another day. I'll try again.

Travelin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

o-tomachikku puroguramu

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I said I was 75% sure they'd finish packing up my house in one day. Close, but no cigar. They got 75% finished in one day.

I swear that must be the same thing. I am trying way to hard to work it out in my brain. Stupid addiction to random numbers.-Jn

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Gunner,
Pronouncing Japanese is not my main problem. Reading the Kanji characters is the problem. It lust looks like someons spilled a box of twigs to me. But it is good to know you've got my back.

Allright Newt, try this:

I said 75% chance they'd finish everything. But they only finished 75%. I know, I know. That's the same thing. But to quote the great James Buffett, "It was so simple like the boogaloo...it plumb evaded me."

Ed

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Gunner--It JUST looks like, not LUST looks like. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't type and watch the neighbor lady at the same time.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home