Saturday, July 16, 2005

OK, let's try that again

I ain't naming names in this story, but I was busting my butt. I had done all the things I mentioned earlier. Now I had freed the fish, cleaned the aquarium, washed and bagged the gravel, and was now on my hands and knees scrubbing the nasty floor underneath where the fishes used to be. Seeing as how I seemed to be the only one doing anything, I was a bit put out.

So, when this unnamed person commenced to bitching and moaning about the mess and/or some other imagined grievance (really, after a while you just quit listening) I got pretty hot and offered that some of these piles might get moved a little quicker if I wasn't doing this whole move alone, but since I was, just be quiet.

Now I am also not known to be a brilliant strategist, but if I was I'd at least suggest that you get up off the couch before you call me a liar.

Things are getting a tad testy today. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be more so. I usually give as good as I get. But I never seek to get the last word. Things simmer down quicker when the other person thinks they've won.

Travelin' Ed

6 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

So if I was not in Idaho enjoying Gods fresh air and amazing mountains views- which I am, and I was your next door neighbor- which I am not, I would be right beside you helping you pack up and get stateside cause I know that it is gonna make you happy.

Give the unnamed person a bit of grace though please- perhaps the reality of the move has now set in and while she is excited about it, it still can be frightening to actually pack up everything except fish and move so far away from family.

Really I am good at the packing up and cleaning up thing so I wish I could help out.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

PS check my blog- the road trip adventures will mellow you a bit. I can actually sends pics now- I guess the indians are eating wheaties now to keep up with me. Still painfully slow but...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Whilst all valid comments, and yes, I know this move so far away has her a little freaked, after a while you're just "I've resigned myself to doing all of this myself, but crimony woman, at least let me do it in peace and quiet".

And I have been reading your blog. That first post from the road was so long. And so descriptive also. You do that storytelling thing so well. So, while I have not yet been to ID (I have been to OZ, as that's what the Aussies call their gigantic, empty island)I do feel like I have been on the trip.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm impressed that you are getting anything done at all. I am packing my world into little boxes right now too cause I head back northwards in a week and well I am suffering from zero motivation. I want to be there and I miss there but I dont like what it takes to GET there. -Jn

(When questioned of our wandering/we replied 'oh just because'/we were on the road to nowhere/so we took the road to OZ)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I see you're playing the Aerie Fairy today. I recognized that one, though until just now I had forgotten it.

Ed

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorites.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home