Monday, July 11, 2005

Why did the robot lead the orchestra?

Because metal is a good conductor! (You're welcome for that)

My wife definately marches to her own drummer. I could never in a thousand tries anticipate what she will ask me next. Last night we were watching The Simpson's. That is not surprising, as I am a big, big fan of the series.

In this episode, Homer is dating Marge and is thinking about popping the question. Popping the question has come up because, after an unexpected night of passion in the FRONT seat of Homer's car, Marge has found herself in the family way.

This has been confirmed first by a Barnacle Bill's home pregnancy kit (If pink ye see, it's pregnant ye be) and then by the doctor. In a classic Simpson's moment, the fetus that will become Bart has mooned the sonogram. And of course Marge has stated that all she cares about is that he has "all eight fingers and toes."

At this point Nong turns to me and says, "Where does Marge get her money? Does she have a job? What is it?"

And that's the adventure of watching TV with her. When we watch Everybody Loves Raymond she repeatedly hollers "IDIOT" at the TV when Ray is talking. Watching NYPD Blue she has asked me why Sipowitcz wears "that kind of socks?"

Yet she never asks things like "When Wonder Woman sets down her purse to twirl into costume and go stop bad guys, how come nobody comes by and steals it? And when she changes back into her alter ego in street clothes, does she go back to get it?" No, those are the things left for me to worry about.

Catenate, (Cat inate. Cat in eight. Catten ate.) out
Travelin' Ed

6 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Not on the topic at all, but while fresh on my miniscule mind - I guess the Admiral didn't want to be in a Navy without you in it also, Ed?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

What I said was, "You follow your conscience, sir, but if you're asking, well...pack your ditty bag and hoist the absentee pennant. Had about enough of this canoe club."

It is really cool that you noticed, Gunner.

Travelin' Ed

8:38 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I always try to gauge the coolness factor before performing any major life activity, such as commenting on your blog or looking in the rearview mirror and realizing I should have blown my nose before leaving the house and now what do I do? What would doing it now in front of the neighbors peeping through their curtains do to my coolness reputation.

It's a heavy burden, at times.

---------

Bookmark this one, you'll probably need it a few times after retirement to get it all straight.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That is a good point...where does Marge get her money? Did she have a job before Homer? what would Marge do? I think she would make a good hairstylist.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

LOL AGT. I need that one evrymonth(the link that is)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, Gunner old buddy, I actually already had that one bookmarked. In fact, it was from there that I stopped my allotments and redirected my direct deposit.

This is one of the few things that the navy has done to make things easier that actually MADE THINGS EASIER.

Used to hate going to an E-4 disbursing clerk, filling out the forms to make a change, waiting a month and not seeing a change, being told to wait another month to see if it's just slow, re-filing all of the papers...ad nauseum. MyPay is the bomb!

Travelin' Ed

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home