Saturday, July 09, 2005

Stupid is as stupid duhs PT II


The terms Travelin' Ed and Deep Thinker are seldom, if ever, used together in a sentence. Well, today is no exception. But I read something the other day, and then again today that makes me wonder what exactly is it that I'm missing here.

There's a group of people, I think twelve of them and I'm pretty sure they're all army veterans. Being army veterans has no real bearing on the story. Well, the veteran part does. The army part is just kinda the way it happened. It could just as easily be navy or marine. Not so much air force I think, cause they seem more open about this kind of thing.

So these people are suing the military over the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy. Fair enough. They don't like it, and like a bad haircut, if you want it changed you simply must sue those responsible. I can pretty much wrap my mind around that. What I can't seem to grasp is that they are suing on several different points, one of which is that it violates their right to privacy.

What?? I'm sure there is some legal mumbo jumbo land where that makes perfect sense. A place where "is" requires an extensive definition. But poor old, not too bright Travelin' Ed has to wonder how NOT asking you something and NOT requiring you to tell something violates your right to privacy?

Stupid is as stupid does, and I does not understand this.

Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Two unrelated things: 1. I owe you a picture from the Mother and I am likely to forget if someone doesn't remind me (not so subtle hint) 2. Can I post an Aerie poem or two or would that be weird. Or if I wait long enough will you do it for me? -Jn

11:50 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Check your e-mail.

Ed

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home