Thursday, July 07, 2005

But not THAT special....

Here's the setup. It is lifted directly off of CNN dot com. I don't make up news. According to my folks, I have apparently fabricated most, if not all, of my childhood. But when it comes to the news, I bring you truth. Oh yeah, the setup:

More than 2 million pets and other live animals are carried by airlines every year in the U.S.

Two pets died aboard Continental Airlines.

Cave, an 8-year-old black Lab mix was on a flight from Honolulu to Newark, N.J. Cave was dead when he arrived at Newark. A necropsy revealed that the 87-pound dog had a severe heart problem and probably died because his heart stopped.

A second pet, an unnamed rat, apparently died of natural causes on a flight between Houston and McAllen, Texas.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, this pet rat was special enough to spring for airfare, but not so special that there was any reason to name him.

Catena, out
Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger The Man said...

The rat proably did have a name, given by its mother no doubt. You sound like you have some great stories, are there any about playing chess?
Keep writing. D

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I can't play chess too good. In fact, the only strategy that comes even remotely close to being effective is for me to bore my opponent into submission.

Keep writing? Dude, if you only knew. I've been running off at the mouth like this for 30 years. No danger of me stopping now.

Seriously, thanks for the visit.

Travelin' Ed

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Point 1 of 1: You report the truth according to whatever news site you copy/paste from. Who knows if what they say is true or not really.

I dont know what to call it 1 of 1: You bring up an interesting point abou tthe rat. My question is why does CNN care? (so I guess this would be question 1 of 1)

-Jn

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home