Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The All Night Mini-Mart of Love


The All Night Mini-Mart of Love 7 July 2005

The sun was high and hot as sin
and you come calmly walking in
Said, "Next time I'll be back again,
but right now it's hello."

You smelled so sweet. I smelled like fear.
My sense of reason disappeared
"My friend, my eyes are way up here,
I like you boys to know."

I fell all over nothing much.
And though you had not spent a buck
I gave you change to get a touch.
I almost gave you more.

I know love and how it feels
though mostly as a business deal.
I know I'd let you make me squeal.
And let you keep the score.

(Chorus)
They say it isn't love in the beginning.
Whatever. This is good enough for me.
Stroke my hair and pet my dog and spend my money.
Take a picture 'cause I want my friends to see.

You said you'd come from Kankakee
By way of "where the hell are we?"
You liked it here. You liked the scene.
You like it way down south.

You're looking for a pal, but then
It's just a small step up to friend.
And maybe more there in the end.
I shouldn't rule it out.

(Chorus)
They say it isn't love in the beginning.
Whatever. This is good enough for me.
Stroke my hair and drive my car and spend my money.
Take a picture 'cause I want my friends to see.

You reached across the counter top.
I know I felt my breathing stop.
"Is it just you or is it hot
in here?" I tried to joke.

You squeezed my hand without a sound.
Smiled and slowly turned around.
When you were gone, it's then I found
you'd stole a pack of smokes.

Ed
Yokosuka

2 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm amused. I am pretty sure that is what you were going for-amusing people- so good job. -Jn

*And that happy little song has some pretty darn good guitar and it uses the word snot in context how can you not like it really*

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

My amusement is your amusement. Glad it made you smile, smirk or roll your eyes.

All this stuff is for my personal gratification anyway. Y'all are just along for the ride. To quote myself, "I crack me up."

Ed

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home