Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sparks. A love poem.


sparks you lighted 6 July 05

I have to give you everything you're due
You didn't find what you wanted in me and cut me loose
No hard feelings, we both understand the truth
You just got a little tired of me always leaning on you

I tried to live inside your smile
Babe, we both did for a while
And, it's good enough for me to know you tried
I'll just smile at how you touched me
I'll just mosey on my way
But still I'll carry sparks you lighted all my life

I can't say this road ain't gotten kind of long
But it's so pretty as it snakes off through the fog
Dawn's quiet colors, warm, like an old friend
I guess I like fog for the way it hides our sins

Sure I understand, but still
it's quite a bitter tasting pill
I guess I'm really not a complicated guy
So I'll smile at how you touched me
I'll just mosey on my way
And I'll carry sparks you lighted all my life

(Bridge)
I won't cry because it's over but must smile to know it happened
how we proved two wrongs can almost do it right
I see you didn't look back just to see if I was looking back
Not too sure why, but I thought that you might

So I got smacked upside the heart
you know that's gonna leave a mark
But scars are like tattoos and they can lie
I'll always smile at how you touched me
As I mosey on my way
And carry sparks you lighted with me all my life

I'll carry sparks you lighted with me all my life

Ed
Yokosuka

5 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"I can't say this road ain't gotten kind of long
But it's so pretty as it snakes off through the fog
Dawn's quiet colors, warm, like an old friend
I guess I like fog for the way it hides our sins"

I really like what that says-Jn

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

If we're still doing this on down the road and y'all can squeeze a sidetrip in to Tampa for an afternoon, I'll show you a trick that will help you kick it up a notch or three. Seriously. It took me 20 years to figure it out, but once I did....

Ed

10:34 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

The sis and I went back to Tampa a few years back and I couldnt even remember how to get to the old house- things have changed there so much and we found NO ONE to visit with. Atleast now I would have a place to kick up my feet and do the memory walking thing. I will leave the sis and maybe bring the kid next time- she is much more fun.

"So I got smacked upside the heart
you know that's gonna leave a mark"

"I won't cry because it's over but must smile to know it happened
how we proved two wrongs can almost do it right"

Great lines!!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

PS. I'm smilin'

7:33 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

PS I'm smiling also.

Those were 2 of my favorite parts too. Especially: how we proved two wrongs can almost do it right. Ain't that the story of my life.

Ed

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home