Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Must be the coffee


I have been writing a butt ton load here lately. In fact I've been falling behind on finishing my longer posts, getting decent comments back to my fellow bloggers, and replying to the comments they have left for me. So before I share the newest one with you, here's two thoughts, shaken not stirred:

1: Mama X would write a funny blog. I will post some more e-mail excerpts to prove this point (any formatting is mine):
What I had on my mind this morning as I read your blog is that you really need some help. So I'm going to share something I thought about yesterday when cleaning out my birdbath. It really scared me when I realized it sounded like something you'd spout off about. Here goes. The white plastic birdbath near the front door was a pretty shade of dark green algae and turned my stomach every time I looked at it. In fact, I usually enter the house via the garage door so I won't have to see it. But I digress. I feed my birds on the front walk so (no) need to "poison" the birdbath water when there's no food out and the birds aren't congregating. Recent downpours had washed away all the seed--those that didn't sprout!--so I decided yesterday was a perfect time to do something about the
problem. I poured some bleach in the water, waited a couple hours, then scrubbed, brushed, fussed until it finally glistened like the sun on a pimp's cars wheel-spinners. Then filled the birdbath with clean water (why would I put dirty water back in?! Duh!) and spread out some food. Now it's a joy to behold! Won't stay clean long, though because the dumb but loveable birds back up to drink. Go figure!. Anyway, what my ingenious idea was that now that it's clean, buy a plecostymus and put him in it so HE could do all the work. Seemed like a win/win situation to me. Only trouble is he'd probably be eaten by something, crawl out, or dry out or meet some otherwise horrible fate. So I saved my money. I just wanted to share my idea of an algae eater in the birdbath with you--seemed like something you'd embelish. If I don't see it, that's OK. It HAS to be better than watching dinasours hatch in oatmeal! Really reaching for that one, were'nt you? (Cheap shot, Mama X) But when I realized that sounded like one of your blogs, it scared me to death! Well, half to death, obviously.


2. Here's what I was listening to that got me going on the following poem. It was Lyle Lovett's song The Man That You Wanted:

And if the stars didn't shine on the water
Then the sun would not burn on the sand
And if I were the man that you wanted
I would not be the man that I am

Enjoy the following poem. Immensley, if possible.

Grout, out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Perhaps Mama X has something to do with your rather eclectic drivelings after all??? I loved her post and the idea of the plecostomy too.

I am a big Lyle Lovette fan here- great wordsmith. If only you had worked harder at learning to
gee-tar and croon and less time doing the Ansel Adams on food thingy you would be rich and famous, and I could be your groupy.
Oh wait, I am like your groupy anyway.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Then counting you, I have a groupie. Unless..... is it possible to be your own groupie?

Ed

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home