Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Dagnabit

As most of you know, I don't have a job waiting for me. I have one solid interview scheduled, and Home Depot has proven that they will offer me positions, so they are my ace in the hole. But that's it.

I am trying to find a full time job in Tampa. I don't need to get rich, but I need reasonable income and it's killing me that I apparently don't understand the ins and outs of job hunting these days:

Me: I want a full time job in the Tampa area
Company #1: You want to work for us in NJ?
Me: No, I want to live in Tampa.
Company #1: Want a job in Virginia?
Me: Nope. Listen up.
Company #2: We have a job in Virginia or California. Want one of them?
Me: No....I want to stay in Tampa.
Company #3: We have a 6 month temporary position in Atlanta. How about it?
Me: OK, people, I'll try to speak s-l-o-w-l-y.......


It's getting kind of irritating. I only apply to jobs in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. My resume states "Any position within reasonable commuting distance of the Tampa area will be considered" and my cover letters all point out that I am looking for employment in the Tampa area. So what's the deal? I could understand them not offering me a job because they don't like me putting stipulations like that in. Fair enough. But to offer me New Jersey* when I specifically stipulate Tampa makes me think that they think I am desperate or something. I got no kids in college. I can sell bait. I may have to.

*Moorestown, NJ to be exact. Interestingly enough, it was listed on CNN dot com yesterday as the number 1 best place to live in the US. But still, me?...NJ?....Nah, can't see it.

Parricidal, out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

This sounds right down your alley, Ed. 41K a yr, Tampa/St Pete area, only occasional travel and you'll be doing liaison work with clients and photographers and you like to take pictures... so there you go!

Yur welcome.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Thanks, Gunner. Really.

I applied for the job. The money is good enough and I'm a creative guy. Plus I have a friend who's done that kind of stuff in Tampa and I have him as one of my references. So on the application I moved his name to the top since they may have heard of him.

I'm just worried 'cause they want to hire someone who IS WILLING TO LEARN. You and me both know where I stand in regards to that (Hint: "I don't know, but I refuse to find out.").

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home