Sunday, July 17, 2005

Reasons not to drink with the Russians

Well, two reasons actually. If an ugly Russian gal (and, duuude, a lot of them are gorgeous) gets her eye on you she'll start knocking back the vodkas. It happened to me several times in Pusan, S. Korea. I kept thinking to myself, you may be starting to feel prettier, but if you're thinking of getting me out the door you better ought to start pouring them down me!

But that's not why I called you here. I just wanted to say that I don't think that they ...... you know what, that first part was good enough. You don't want to hear about black market kidneys anyway.

On a completely different note, we were road tripping from Norfolk to Lake Geneva and were in Maryland. This is all true. I was telling DRE about this comedian I had seen last week who slayed me . I was retelling the jokes and we were cracking ourselves up. I was just getting to the punchline of one as the waitress, a matronly and humorless looking woman, brought us our biscuits. She walked up just in time to hear me lean in towards DRE and, in an anguished voice give the punchline, "...But I don't want to see Whoopi Goldberg nekkid!"

Yep, that's all she heard. She looked at us sideways and we got the feeling that she was not amused. All things said, it was a good road trip.

What is the definition of a baptist? The sneaky suspicion that somebody, somewhere is having fun.

Why are Baptists against pre-marital sex? It could lead to dancing.

Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home