Sunday, July 17, 2005

Cross your fingers


Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's finally here. If all goes right today, my life will be all packed away neatly in boxes and loaded onto two giant tiny trucks*, the Auto Shop will come pick up my car to take to the junkyard, and my loaner furniture will arrive at the end of it all. So, say it in unison with me, "FAT CHANCE".

The auto shop is not open today, though they assured me that the driver would be working and would come get my car. I think the chance of that actually happening are about 40%, so like the title says, cross your fingers. If you can't prove that you have properly disposed of your vehicle, you cannot transfer and I want to go. The problem is that the base is small in relation to it's work day population. There is not enough parking for legitimate cars, much less giving up spaces to abandonded vehicles. And getting you to do the right thing once you're all the way across the Pacific is a chore. Hence the current regulation.

I am about 75% sure they'll get my house packed up today. So cross your fingers. Because, if they don't, that queers the deal on the loaner furniture too. Yes it is a delicate balance, this Permanent Change of Station move. It's like a dance, and I have to be a deft ballerina** to pull it all off.

So cross your fingers, light incense, or slap the cat. Whatever you can do to help bring Travelin' Ed a little good luck. After this weekend, I really need it.

* It's a Japanese thing, they're giant relative to everything else, but it takes two to load up an apartment like mine. So they're giant tiny trucks.

** Yeah, I know what I wrote. Go ahead, have a field day.

1 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was gonna say something when I first saw it but there wasnt much to say, and well there is still little one can say about 'gerbil stories' but I still smile scroll to find something. -Jn

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home