Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I borrowed the words...

One of my favorite sailor songs, written by me of course, starts with these lines:

I borrowed the words from a poet I'd heard
one time up in New England
Some of the rhyme was forgotten with time
but I figured I could wing it....


OK, here's some more borrowed words. I don't know why, but they kinda hit the spot for me. Like a bumper sticker for the head. Short and with an element of truth. People read it and go, "Yeah, right on. Been there." (And by "go", I of course mean "say". Sorry, my valley girl roots are showing again.) :

Sullen is what I am acting and Damn is what I
am thinking and Nothing is what I am doing.


OK, that's it. Show's over. I know, you thought it was gonna be better.

Travelin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What is the rest of the sailor song?-Jn

1:16 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Do you really want it? It's a love song, but it's still kinda rough.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want it if you will send it. I really like those lines. -Jn

3:14 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

OK, I sent it. But then, you know that, don't you?

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home