Friday, July 22, 2005

Perfectly good cigar


Now I just gotta tell you, there ain't nothing better than enjoying a good cigar. And I know that in Tampa I can get some good ones. I already know where the factory is. I can get me some Flor de Ybor, which translates to Flower of urban renewal, roughly.


Now the ring size, or gauge, is measured by a number. 50, 52, & 54 are fat cigars. 38, 40, 42, & 44 are slim. As you can see by the illustration to the right, a larger ring cigar gives you maximun flavor, but can often be rather uncomfortable. However, with a little practice, and perhaps a shot or two of the good stuff, you will find that you can not only enjoy your cigar without discomfort, but you can also avoid the suprised look that I am exhibiting here. Yeah, I know! I thought I was a professional also.

By the way, this picture is completely un-retouched. Seriously. I guess I just really am that good looking.

Last night we started our rounds of goodbyes. Last night it was with the Bakers. Kelli Baker worked for me on both the Bunker Hill and the Vincennes. He has a wonderful wife named Tae. We had a giant Italian meal and then sat at Starbucks for a couple of hours doing the "remember when" thing. Good times.

Tonight we will go out for Thai with Jon G-12 (Grygorcewicz, which is easily pronounced but not easily spelled. It is pronounced: Gregor-savitch**) and his wife Yumi. He was on the Vincennes with me and he vacations in Thailand a lot, so we always have a lot of stuff to talk about.

Going out with another friend on Monday night, but his ship is at sea right now (truely an occupational hazard*) so we will have to wait until they anchor and start running liberty boats back to Yoko.

So now you know where my time is going and why my posts are boring. I apologize, but sometimes you just gotta do things. I'll keep on the lookout for stuff that needs my attention in a post, like for instance, Miss America Fear Factor. That has just got to be good, don't it?

*To quote Buffett: My occupational hazards be, my occupation's just not around. -JB, A Pirate Looks At Forty

** Bet she was just THRILLED to learn she'd traded her maiden name for that. There was a G-16 running around here for a while. Had a wife named Perlita. His was another that was easy to say and impossible to spell. The name was pronounced Geltsen-lighter, but spelled Goeltsenleuchter. He was allowed to wear name tags on his uniforms that said, simply, G-16.

Travelin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Now there is an advantage to being Scotch Irish.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home