Thursday, July 21, 2005

Doh!

Today is my last day "in the navy". I'll still get paid until Sept 30th, but will not put on a uniform and go in to the office anymore.

The good part about that, I suppose, is that if I am a civilian, and it begins to rain unexpectedly, I don't have to get soaked anymore just because the umbrella I have with me in the car is blue and all of my black ones are at home.

I intend to fritter most of the day away on personal business. Well, that and I have a Free Cell score of 81% (Five hundred something wins to one hundred twelve losses) that I really want to bump up to 82% before I go.

Just in case, I am wearing my lucky Simpsons underwear today. I have two pairs of Simpsons underwear, actually, but I don't think they are both lucky.

I have another story about junking the car, but will post that from work. I post a lot when I first get there. But, I must tell you, I get to work about 0530 and the workday does not start until 0730. So it's not a big deal to spend that time playing.

I started doing that a few years ago when we kept getting a lot of "taskers" from Virginia that made no sense. But at 0730 here it was 1830 there and we'd waste two days trying to get clarification. But at 0530 it is only 1630 in VA, still a half hour of work day left, so I could call if need be. Now, I just pretty much do it out of habit.

Anyway, the stuff I need to get the facts straight in my new LTO post are in the car. So, like I said, I'll get to it at work. (Boy, miss the space bar and "get to" turns into getto mighty quick. I was a little nervous as I am white like bread.)

Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Congratulations, Senior Chief Travelin' Ed upon your last day in the United States Navy and most importantly, thank you for the honorable service you gave to our country.

Well done, Chief!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Thanks for the support. No problem. They let me keep these spiffy navy boondockers, so I'm stoked.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home